Surface location different than bottom hole location

they are drilling a well Washita county called Maddock in section 23-10-19 but the Permit to drill says well location 26-10-19?

Yes, they can have the surface location in one section and have the well extend into another section or two more. Wells can also share a pad. If perforated in two sections, then it is a multi-section well.

There are actually two Maddock wells-both with a surface location in 26. One is called Maddock 23-10-19 1H and goes north into 23. It may not have any perforations in 26 if the surface location is very close to the section line. They will use 26 to make the turn and then perforate in 23.

The other is Maddock 26x35-10-19 1H. It starts in 26, but goes south into 35 . 26 and 35 will be perforated-hence a multi-section. Check the permits and you will see that they are sharing a pad.

1 Like

I can’t find the permit you are writing about so read the surface location and bottom hole location carefully. My best estimate is the surface location is in Section 26 and the bottom hole will be in the Northern portion of Section 23. If that is correct, the wellbore will not enter the targeted formation for production UNTIL the wellbore is under Section 23. So it is a 640 acre unit and the wellbore will not penetrate the targeted formation while it is in Section 26 so it is not a multi-unit well.

I have the permit for 23x10x19 Maddock and another well NESBITT 23-10-19 #1H but I cannot find the permit for multi well 26x35x10x19 Maddock?

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Type in Maddock in the well Name. Nothing else. They both show up. Or type in 2610N19W and you will get all the wells with a surface location in section 26.

Thank you, I received notice of permit to drill. Is there way other fiscally going out there to see if they have started drilling.