Summary Judgement is not enough for royalty in suspense?

Hello, quick general question.

Why wouldn’t a summary judgement be enough to get an operator to release royalty in suspense? We are being tasked with going to get a final judgement or all parties to agree in something.

All parties will never, ever agree to the same thing. Why can’t we get our royalty in suspense? Why should one family keep another family from getting anything? I am in Texas.

So if the parties will never agree, there are two options I think1 ) a final court judgement or 2) no one gets anything. I do believe there are those who would rather see that no one gets anything; but sometimes folks get motivated when they realize something is better than nothing. We were able to get all to agree to a stipulation of interest, when presented with the latter. A little diplomacy helped.

One would need more information than what is here. Many times, a summary judgment is not a final order until the entire case is disposed of by judgment or settlement. It sounds like the case needs to be finished.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.