Sturgil well 0805 #h1

I recently found out we inherited 565 acres in McClain County. Eog has sent the pooling bonus but no division orders and its been 8 months . I know there’s back owed royalties and some interest that accrews but how can I figure all this information out the guy we talk to seems very busy and i hate to bug him .

Hi Douglas,

Welcome to the forum!

Which section or sections are you in? It’s been longer than 8 months if it’s section 8 or 5. It looks like the Sturgell 0805 #1H (API# 35-087-22113) has been producing since June 2018 (183,000 barrels of oil, in fact!). The other EOG Sturgell wells in that area have been online since April and June of 2019 (but in sections 17 and 20).

Never feel bad bugging a busy landman (I’m guessing it’s an EOG landman?)! They’re always busy, but only because every 5 minute conversation takes them an hour to finish ;-).

Side note, your acreage is in a great part of the SCOOP (South Central Oklahoma Oil Province).

We are section 8 township 7 North range 4 west .

Thank you for replying. So we got an inquiry number from the landman about the stationary intrests . Where who would I give this to look up information. We haven’t received any decision orders but he said we’d be getting a check this August cycle. Is this process normal ?

It’s possible your funds were in “suspense” until they found the correct mineral owner to send the royalties, which might be what he’s talking about. When did you find out about the inheritance? Who does the landman work for? EOG? Do they have all the documents they need or are they asking for something?

If it’s an EOG landman, that’s the person to give any information to unless you have a Division Order contact at EOG. It sounds like EOG has some of your information since you say you got a pooling bonus. If they just found you and have already verified your information, then getting your first check in August would make sense. It should be a monthly check once they start coming.

If the landman does NOT work for EOG, you need to contact EOG directly ASAP to get this lined up: Owners – EOG Resources, Inc.

What information are you specifically trying to look up? The amount owed to you would be something only EOG could provide. We can help get you other public info though.

I have seen EOG Division orders and don’t like them. In Oklahoma you are not required to sign a DO and they still must pay you.

Any good lawyer info for representation. I found some major discrepancies with the law and how eog is dealing with this account .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.