Stopped receiving royalty checks

Just found out we have some interest in this area on McLain Sec. 25 6N 4W. I noticed we used to get royalty checks from Sheridan but haven’t received any in about 10 years. Is anything going on there now? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Lot of people here to help you out. It was huge for me to learn. That is how I found out Sheridan had money for me they were holding. Plus I received 12% interest on that money held in suspense.

Yes there’s a lot going on there. A new well was completed in August 2017. We have three more wells that has spud dates last month. And a permit for a fourth well. You should have been contacted in 2017 to either lease or pool with Casillas. Did you move? If so you’ll want to update your address with the county clerk office. When you say you just found out about the interest you own, my guess is your getting lots of letters or offers to buy your interest. Unless you sold your mineral interest years ago you’ve always known of this interest. If you didn’t sell then you are owed some back pay royalties on the Whetstone 1-25-36 WXH well. Contact Casillas @ 918-582-5310.

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

I have moved a couple of times but my sister has the same interest and she has been at the same address for 30 years. Did the lease the entire section?

Yes the entire 640 acres along with the section below us. It is a 1280 acre multiunit well. The three new wells are also horizontal multiunit wells, once they get done. Here is the link to look up. https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx Type in Whetstone at the well name line. Now it will bring up a whole bunch of wells with that name. So scroll down to page 2. Then count to the 15th line and there is our documents on all these potential wells and the one that is still producing from August 2017. Click on the ID on the left side and the pdfs will open. It’s kinda of a learning curve on all this. Good luck hope this helps.

Contact Cassie Mitchell at 405-666-9805. She’s very helpful.

Thanks again. Looks like we have some cash coming our way!!

Thank you I’m calling her now. I realize that oil companies don’t really like to be called regarding upcoming wells.

Hey Sandra. I emailed Cassie at 89 Energy. She said they would check it out and get back in touch. 2-3 weeks. I used the well finder and found out the McKinnon well I was getting royalties from Sheridan was plugged in 2013. Would that make me eligible for pooling in 2017 for the Whetstone well? I also found my grandmother signed a lease with Anadarko in 1985 on the same property. I beginning to think the deed or title or whatever was never transferred and registered with the county. I wonder how I could remedy that. I live in Colorado.

What is 89 Energy? That is correct on the McKinnon. The original lease was with Anadarko in 1985. My late father had signed that lease. He died in 1989 and never knew that the well came online. Because they had moved from California to Oklahoma Anadarko had no way of contacting them. Someone on this site told me about the well. My maiden name tipped him off and said that I needed to contact Sheridan. I knew nothing of this oil stuff that I inherited. I had a will sent to me from the lawyers in Oklahoma. I didn’t speak much with my stepmother after my dad’s passing. Anyhow the probate took a few years. You have a different situation though, you already had the minerals right under your name. Sheridan had money held in suspense. Again not your situation. I started receiving letters to purchase my minerals because of the Whetstone well that was to be drilled. I don’t understand why no one contacted you, that’s weird. I leased my small minerals at $4,000 an acre, I can’t remember the name of company, it was in 2016. Martha was extremely helpful to me in this and my lease. But my understanding is if they can’t find people then they pool you. Have you checked the Oklahoma unclaimed site?Oklahoma State Treasurer - Unclaimed Property Are you saying that Casillas doesn’t have you listed as a mineral owner? Hopefully Martha will see this post and chime in with her expert advice.

89 Energy is the holding company that owns Casillas. Casillas is the operator.

Cassias and two other companies consolidated into 89Energy. Took me awhile to track that down. I’ll definitely check the unclaimed property. Thanks.

Debby, It takes a while to get information back from the operators as they are swamped with calls and emails. Ask them to tell you what you need to do to get the title changed to you and if you are already inherited through a will then how to file it in McClain county courthouse.

You can check the unclaimed funds in OK for old royalties. The new Whetstone may not be there yet.

Go onto www.okcountyrecords.com and trace your family lease and deed records if you can. Use as many names as you can think of (and a few misspellings). The lease from 1985 might be there. It is only active as long as its terms are met.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.