Stipulation of interest in oil lease

Want to known about stipulation of interest document? what’s the purpose of this doument and how to find grantor and grante in this document ?

Typically, a stipulation of interest is needed when there is some misunderstanding about what interest is owned by individuals. It could be related to a faulty worded deed, or a clerical error or something else. The reason for a stipulation are numerous. There isn’t necessarily a grantor or grantee in the stipulation. It is something like Mariam agrees that she owns 1/2 and Tim agrees that he owns 1/2. So, there isn’t one grantor or one grantee.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. But i would like if you explain it in more simple way like who claim to whom and what’s the purpose of this document? As I have notice undersign people are same?

My reply is still awaiting approval, but I the stipulations I mention were filed in Texas. I suspect the same concepts apply throughout the US.

We worked with an attorney to have about 15 aunts, uncles, cousins clarify ownership from deeds, wills and legal descriptions that were open to interpretation by title opinions. Stipulations will cross-convey interest in the proportions stated to clarify ownership amongst those involved and clear title. The family had to come to agreement as to whom owned what. The alternative for the family was suspended funds. I was happy to see it done while those who knew the history of what was intended by the deeds, etc. were still alive and of sound mind to sign it. My belief is that it will save future heirs (my grandkids included) from costly litigation.

3 Likes

Well stated. I was so grateful the commissioners for Boulder County new the intent of my aunts and uncles sale of the farm. Mineral rights were reserved. A title expert through a wrench in things. Get it straightened out :grinning:

1 Like

i want to connect with you out of this forum to gain some more knowledge is it possible?

I am not sure of the specific rules, so maybe a forum administrator will advise on sharing email addresses and phone numbers. But I will try to link you to an example of a recorded stipulation. (Again, I live in Texas and the oil and gas laws from state to state are very different).

Search Real Estate Index: Index Detail - Shelby County Clerk Web Access. Enter instrument # 2011000357. This demonstrates how executive rights can be owned differently from the royalty rights, due to non-participating royalty interests.

I don’t think we should communicate outside of the forum. I’m a novice when it comes to the oil and gas rights. Thanks for the offer though.

No problem Thank you for your valuable response it helps me alot.

Could you please tell me how to calculate undivided interest of your section with proper example ? and secondly is it possible to find who own how much if grantor convey 50% undivided interest and in front of grantee it is written just like 1/2, 3/2? and i want to know how much he convey from 50% to grantee?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.