Stephens County Sec 15-1S-4E or 4W

Does anyone know of planned activity Stephens Co Sec 15-1S-4E or 4W? I have an offer to purchase and I’m wondering about activity

Yes, there is pending activity for a horizontal well. Various companies are jockeying for position. You should be getting lots of mail from the OCC regarding all the cases. If not, then you need to make sure your name and address are properly filed in the county courthouse and affiliated with the mineral acreage.

2 Likes

Sorry for my delay in thanking you for your response. I always appreciate and respect your input. As a general rule, are landmen representatives for an oil and gas company, or are they purchasing to turn around and find a buyer? From an purchase agreement, there seemed to be many “opportunities/reasons” for them to get out of the agreement, but the seller looked to be bound my the agreement. I know you cannot offer legal advice, but I was wondering how things often operate.

The answer to your question is “it depends”. Some landmen are representatives of the operator; some are reps for other working interest owners; some are independent contractors work to buy and flip. That is why it is always important to ask who they are working for and what their intent is. If they are hired by someone else, they are working for the good of their employer.