Stephens County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Meant to say the baseline road was about 2 or 3 miles north of Velma and that’s where the rig was rigging up or down.

Terry, as I said in my post yesterday the permit is all there is right now. There is no indication drilling had started much less completed. We are talking months not weeks.

Linda,

At the Velma and Baseline, Velma Rd is offset a few hundred yards to the west to continue on north. Are you talking about the well/rig between the north and south bound paths sitting on the North side of the road?

If so that is the Sikes 1-31H which was just changed to the Sikes 1-31-30XH, in 31-1N-4W. The Zelda is just to the West 1/4 mile. I’m shocked it they are taking it down as it was just changed to a multisection a week or so ago.

The Blair I believe is Section 11 2n4w?

Terry, listed below are various sites to do research on. The OCC Wellbrowse has permits, spud reports, completions etc http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/stephens-county-ok-oil-gas/

Any updates on contential re: sec30 2s 4w. New well named Raines I think. Thanks

I’m looking for some recommendations for legal help to get family records cleaned up and title vested correctly. I believe some of you have had experience in matters such as this and may know of attorneys in Stephens Co and be willing to share your experience and/or recommendation. Thanks!

Rick,

Thanks for the info. I’ve been chasing this paper trail for about a week now. One more question. I’ve got a piece of the pie there in track 37 sec18-2s-3w in Carter Co. The Milroy Field is primarily in Stephens Co. but also goes into Carter Co. LE Jones pays my royalty from 14-2s-4w in Stephens Co. (something about the limitations of their accounting system). My question is when there is a unitization do I share in the revenue and costs from every tract in the field or just the tract where my surface and mineral rights lay? Long winded Question. And thanks not just for what you’ve done to educate me but for what you and others in this forum have done for so many others. I’m retired military and it reminds me of the brotherhood and team spirit I experienced in my 20 yrs of service. I hope that one day I can help someone in this forum.

Stephen,

It is always been my understanding the entire unionization shares revenue (and costs) from the entire field, not just the tract. Maybe someone else has some additional info.

Rick…I guess the road going north out of Velma is what you are calling the Velma Rd…if so the rig was on the NW corner of the intersection when the Velma Rd. dead ended at the Baseline Rd. (you either had to turn right or left). It was on the north side of the Baseline. The rig was there and the derrick looked attached but was laying over on the ground. I asked hubby if they were rigging up or down and he said he couldn’t tell. Do my directions make any sense?

My family has mineral interest SW of Velma in the Velma Sims Unit. We took a BIG hit on our royalties when the unitization happened. We have heard that the unitization was expanded far enough to get the votes necessary to make the outcome match the operator’s goals.

I don’t trust the operators too much. I don’t have experience with Newfield or Continental yet, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubts I have.

James Brooks;

I saw the same dip. I called Newfield and you are right on. they shut them in to fract! thats good news and bad news…

James…It very well could be that wells could have been shut in because of fracing the new wells. Our checks were down on our little pieces of the Branches and Claudine so I’m hoping it’s because the price of oil and gas were down. Yesterday the paper said the prices were coming back up a little but today hubby said they were back down. It’s been kind of a roller coaster ride but it’s been fun.

See if these help

Unitization occurs during secondary or tertiary recovery phases for a field. It will combine all the little spacing units from whomever the various operators were and create a new larger “unit” for that reservoir under the authority of one operator. Usually have to have a majority or supermajority vote by the original folks. Then new “tracts” will be assigned numbers or letters. The new operator is charged with fully developing the reservoir which may involve infill drilling, water flooding, CO2 flooding, etc. Your new royalty interest will now be calculated on the entire acreage of the reservoir unit-so it will go down in decimal amount. However, you will get paid on the resources of the whole unit. Expenses are based upon the whole unit. So you can get paid from wells that were not in your original spacing. As time goes on in conventional reservoirs, sometimes the tracts on the lower edges of the structure will be released as they water out or no longer produce. Good to be on the high side of the structure. You will get paid longer!

Kyle Brooks, see your in box, above right on this page.

Thank you for the info Hutch. I really appreciate it.

Rick & M Barnes,

thanks a bunch for the information on the unitization process…very helpful.

Floyd,

Marathon was leasing there late last year but nothing recent.

N2990 was what I thought was called Velma rd.

The rig I saw has been there about 5-6 weeks. They changed the well name and permit recently to make it a multisection into 30 and 31.

The two in the SE/4 of 36 are complete, the Zelda and Ely 36-25

1-1s-5w should in the completion phase.

6-1S-4W is in the spacing pooling phase. If you happen to see a pad there, please let me know.

There is quite a bit of activity going on right there.