Stephens County Chit-Chat

Yes, it certainly looks busy! How about this description of royalty that was left to a good friend of our son's. It says: All of those certain tracts or parcels located within the geographical boundaries of the 9703 TVP Hightower-Lease Unit, comprising 640 acres more or less, out of Sec. 4, Blk 34 T-4S, T&P RR Co. Survy, A875, Glasscock County, Tx. ? Can you tell me how many acres this is and if there is anything going on on him? Appreciate the help!

I don't know much about Texas. I would flip it to the Glasscock County Board and see if someone can help. Their survey system is metes and bounds and harder to search. I suspect it is busy. If you look at that map I showed you, all those little dots not colored are well pads. It is crazy out there.

Linda,

Here is a link to Glasscock County, Texas Oil and Gas Permits:

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/group/glasscock-county-tx-oil-gas...

Glasscock County is a very active county.

Clint Liles

Linda Rigtracker said:

Does anyone know of anything going as far as drilling in Glasscock Co., Texas which from what I can tell is about 15 miles from Garden City, Tx.???

Linda, The Pilates Machine is basically for strengthening and stretching, the body. The model I have also has a rebounder used for cardio similar to a tread mill. This is done mostly lying down, so there is no injury to the joints. Easy, easy way of exercising. I am 72 yrs young and am diabetic and have a few heart conditions. I am able to mow my own lawn with a push mower and trim all the shrubs, (1/2 acre) without a problem. You can look up the Pilates machines on the internet. But I have found QVC has several models at the best price. They have videos you can watch that tells about the machines and an instructor-rep that tells yu about it and shows you how to do the moves. They come with an exercise chart and instruction videos to help you out. The rep also has her own web page with helpful info and you can ask her any questions yu may have. I also have the risers for the machine which lifts it off the floor for easier on and off. Go to QVC on the internet and in the right hand part of their home page is a search box, type in Pilates and it should come up for you. If you decide to purchase I would suggest the 4 cord models. They are built better and if you have any males that might use it they need more cord tension for a workout, than we ladies do. Pilates is the name of the man who invented the exercises, which is similar to yoga in that they work on stretching and strengthening the muscles and body. The rep explains it better than I do. If you have further questions let me know. I am a believer in this machine and form of exercise, as it has worked for me. No more pain and no surgery. Good luck and God Bless.

Thanks Virginia...Hubby said if you wash cars and windows to go along with all the other things you do to find out what you charge and he'd like to hire you! lol

Sounds like the machine has really done the trick for you. I'll check it out!

Clint...we all really appreciate all the extra work you do to keep us informed of all the activity EVERYWHERE!!! What a GREAT job!

Linda, tell Hubby, I quit washing cars a few years back and never did do windows. lol Besides it would cost him to much as I live all the way out here in Oregon.

Virginia...Hubby said "Oh Darn, Scratch That Then"! lol

Sorry Hubby will have to wash his own windows. Ha Ha lol

I remember the first time i was moved by the citizens of Stephens County. It was 1981. My Granma Robertson had passed and during the funeral procession from her home in Bray, to Marlow Church of Christ, not one vehicle failed to pull over in respect. Even on Hwy 29 big rigs all stopped. Being from the hospitality state of Mississippi you'd have thought i would have seen this show of respect before but i hadn't. I still get a lump in my throat with that memory. My Granpa Babe Robertson passed 3 years later and the yearly visits never seemed the same without them, although the warmth of Bray never ceased. Its been 3 years since my last visit to Oklahoma and many years since a visit to Bray. Mayhaps that will change soon. God Bless.

Joe, a very touching story. I love your profile picture.

Joe,

I noticed the same thing as my grandmother's procession went from Duncan to Velma last year.

Here in Oklahoma City you cannot get everyone to move over for a Fire Truck, Ambulance, or Police car running full lights and siren.

I echo Mike's comments including the profile picture. I saw one very similar in an art gallery in Eureka Springs. It brings back the memories of the laughs my wife and I had about it.

Ever since I've made it a point to pull over and stop here. It seems more people follow my lead than when i first started doing it in the 80s. Such a small sacrifice to make those mourning feel alot better.

That memory came on strong this morning and i felt the need to share.

If i put up a current photo it may scare some folks, I've been letting my hair grow. Not quite to duck dynasty standards, but getting there. lol

Thanks for sharing that Joseph...That's one reason why I like rural Oklahoma living. When my dad passed away a few months ago we had the funeral at our church "Erin Springs Baptist" just south of Lindsay because dad's tiny church "Ratliff City Church of Christ" was way too small even to hold even our family. The nice funeral dinner for the family and close friends that our church prepared and the outpouring of love from everyone was overwhelming!!! The rural church that our son's family go to at Dibble Corner called and said they also would like to help with bringing food for the dinner. Anyway, I was just thinking back to when my cousin's son was killed on a motorcycle a couple of years ago and the funeral was held at the big Church in Midwest City where they were members. When we arrived there were 5 funerals going on there in 5 different auditoriums and no one could even tell us which one was holding the one we needed to attend. When we got to the third one thankfully it was the one. We were too late to sit with the family and had to sit on the very back row where we could hardly even tell what was going on in front. They have no family gatherings or dinners at the church for the families because they are so large. When the service was over and we headed several city miles for the cemetary through heavy traffic there were hardly any cars pulling over (just was nearly impossible for them to) and we could no way all stay together. Well, as usual I've made a short story long but it just made me appreciate living in a small town although with this recent oil boom around Lindsay the traffic is sometimes just about that bad!

Joseph...you really need to make a trip back here to see the excitement for yourself and while you're here you need to try out the "Billy Simms Bar B Q" at Duncan! Yummm!!

LINDA or Anyone..... Why do Okies call a ditch..." A BAR DITCH " ??? Thanks

Well my dad used to say it was short hand for Borrow Ditch. They borrow the dirt from the ditch on either side to pile up in the middle, flatten it out and make the road.

Thanks Martha.....I can hold still with that explanation !!

His other explanation was that was where you ended up if you drank too much after getting off work and going to the "bar". But I didn't hear that one until many years after I heard the first one! He was a production geologist and had to pull a few folks out of the ditches over his many years of driving those back roads…..

Martha.....OUCH !! Your second explanation hits a little bit to close to home. I think I like your first answer better, thank you. :)

Looks like we're coming up there in August. My cousin is having a get together, he's getting out of the OK National Guard after 38 years. Maybe something will be happening on 18 and 19 2n 5w so i can see some action. I don't want to come all the way up there just to see hutchs 10 rigs. lol Just kidding Hutch, I'm gonna make it a point to go by 17.:)Good luck to yall and God Bless.