Status of mineral rights2

My mothers family has held mineral rights in Toole County Montana for decades. She had lease agreements with several companies. Due to health reasons she has been unable to do anything with these since 2012 when the last lease expired. How do I determine what is the current status of these are. I have legal descriptions, township, section and range available. Also well number or description. Also how do I determine what is the actual percentage of what she holds. In the early 80’s my Uncle went through the available records and noticed that everything was listed in decimal not percentage form. He did determine what the percentage was from the decimals given. I would like to verify that information. The end goal is to decide what will be done with these holdings

To be able to determine all these questions accurately, you will need to hire a landman in Montana to run title.

Do you have any recommendations

I don’t specifically. John Lee, from Montana, has been active in AAPL. He would know a good competent landman to help you out. John R. Lee - AAPL Regional Director (406) 252-3441

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.