St Marys Energy?

We have a section in dawson cnty, our lease with st marys is up on may 3rd! Has anyone seen if theres much action as far as drilling going on there and who’s drilling? I work in the Bakken east of Tioga. Just wondering if I should put St. Marys on hold when they ask to renew lease? They havnt been real polite since we signed 5 years ago, a gal actually was quite rude when i had called to ask some questions!

Denny, I have gone round and round with SM myself. I had a royalty check that was over 2 weeks late. I called the owner relations number for SM and spoke to Debbie Dinner who told me that they have a company that mails out their checks and it's not SM's fault the check had not arrived!!! I had to explain that the company that mails the checks does not owe me money and it was SM that hired the company that mails the checks, so yes, it is SM's fault. The check did come later, it had never been metered for postage, it was beat up from being in the mail system for more than 2 weeks and was stamped needs postage return to sender, but the post office finally delivered it anyway without postage! +1 for post office, -2 for SM.

Sorry I went off topic, Denny. Can you give a legal description township and range? I could look it up on the Montana Gis server map. You could use the GIS map also, it's not the most user friendly thing in the world but it's not difficult after you get the hang of it. I believe there is a blog post Resources for Mineral Owners that should have a link to the Montana site.

hey r w, thanks for taking the time to reply. I asked my brother to send me the the info, my copy of lease is in storage in Oregon
I’ll remind him to get that to me. The gal i spoke to was in williston office, her names Roxanne, when I had called she was very short with me and actially humg up before i was done! Anyway just curios if others have had the same issues which it sounds like it. My brother dont want me to stir the pot with them, but their not the only logs on the fire and i’m sure other Co. Would like to look at our section! Thanks again, i’ll get the info asap r w kennedy said:

Denny, I have gone round and round with SM myself. I had a royalty check that was over 2 weeks late. I called the owner relations number for SM and spoke to Debbie Dinner who told me that they have a company that mails out their checks and it’s not SM’s fault the check had not arrived!!! I had to explain that the company that mails the checks does not owe me money and it was SM that hired the company that mails the checks, so yes, it is SM’s fault. The check did come later, it had never been metered for postage, it was beat up from being in the mail system for more than 2 weeks and was stamped needs postage return to sender, but the post office finally delivered it anyway without postage! +1 for post office, -2 for SM.

Sorry I went off topic, Denny. Can you give a legal description township and range? I could look it up on the Montana Gis server map. You could use the GIS map also, it’s not the most user friendly thing in the world but it’s not difficult after you get the hang of it. I believe there is a blog post Resources for Mineral Owners that should have a link to the Montana site.

T- 15-N, range 58-E, section 34, whole section

Denny starkweather said:

hey r w, thanks for taking the time to reply. I asked my brother to send me the the info, my copy of lease is in storage in Oregon
I’ll remind him to get that to me. The gal i spoke to was in williston office, her names Roxanne, when I had called she was very short with me and actially humg up before i was done! Anyway just curios if others have had the same issues which it sounds like it. My brother dont want me to stir the pot with them, but their not the only logs on the fire and i’m sure other Co. Would like to look at our section! Thanks again, i’ll get the info asap
r w kennedy said:

Denny, I have gone round and round with SM myself. I had a royalty check that was over 2 weeks late. I called the owner relations number for SM and spoke to Debbie Dinner who told me that they have a company that mails out their checks and it’s not SM’s fault the check had not arrived!!! I had to explain that the company that mails the checks does not owe me money and it was SM that hired the company that mails the checks, so yes, it is SM’s fault. The check did come later, it had never been metered for postage, it was beat up from being in the mail system for more than 2 weeks and was stamped needs postage return to sender, but the post office finally delivered it anyway without postage! +1 for post office, -2 for SM.

Sorry I went off topic, Denny. Can you give a legal description township and range? I could look it up on the Montana Gis server map. You could use the GIS map also, it’s not the most user friendly thing in the world but it’s not difficult after you get the hang of it. I believe there is a blog post Resources for Mineral Owners that should have a link to the Montana site.

Denny, there doesn't seem to be anything going on in your township. The nearest active well is operated by Denbury Onshore in 14N 58E section 7, it's a verticle into the Red River formation. Not tremendous production but it's a verticle well. A horizontal well in that formation might do well. It's less than 5 miles from you. I don't think they have blindly been leasing your acres, and that they think there could be something there worth producing, they are just busy elsewhere and nobody can say when your minerals may become priority. While I wouldn't expect great production from a verticle well, I wouldn't be opposed to it either as long as I had a good pugh clause, not one written by the lessee. Good luck with your minerals.

Thank you for the info

r w kennedy said:

Denny, there doesn’t seem to be anything going on in your township. The nearest active well is operated by Denbury Onshore in 14N 58E section 7, it’s a verticle into the Red River formation. Not tremendous production but it’s a verticle well. A horizontal well in that formation might do well. It’s less than 5 miles from you. I don’t think they have blindly been leasing your acres, and that they think there could be something there worth producing, they are just busy elsewhere and nobody can say when your minerals may become priority. While I wouldn’t expect great production from a verticle well, I wouldn’t be opposed to it either as long as I had a good pugh clause, not one written by the lessee. Good luck with your minerals.