Spud question

Hi, I am new to this forum and currently have a lease with Whiting Oil for 16 acres located in 10N58W sections 8 & 9 in Weld County. I inherited the mineral rights and had the title put in my name. Whiting has put in 3 horizontal spud wells in section 21 with the bottom hole in my section 9. They have planned a total of 12 wells this way. The first 3 currently have a a status of DG with actual spud dates of 8/19/2014, 8/28/2015 & 9/6/2014. Whiting has told us recently that they are producing but it does not show anything on the COGCC web site yet. I was wondering how long it might take before we receive a division order?

Also, since they started drilling in another section will that affect any royalty payment?

Thanks for your help.

We are leased with Noble Energy. We had 2 wells with spud dates of January 26 and February 2. We received our division orders in July and first check in August. Hope this helps out a little bit. :slight_smile:

Thanks Tammy, it does help as it would be about 6 months after the spud date so it would be February for me.

oops.. I responded with a new reply instead of a discussion one. newbie. sorry
Tammy Underwood said:

We are leased with Noble Energy. We had 2 wells with spud dates of January 26 and February 2. We received our division orders in July and first check in August. Hope this helps out a little bit. :)