Spraberry Production Rate Decline

Good Morning -

What is the general prodution decline and life expectancy of a Howard County Spraberry well with a 2-3 mile lateral?

Thanks, SAT

Curious to see a answer from others. We are to your south east on section 33. I have been attempting some predictions by looking at production reports on the RRC.

If the well is operated by a publicly traded company [SM, Oxy, etc.] you might find a production type curve in an quarterly earnings call powerpoint / slide deck.

Also if you use the magnifying glass icon for this forum, see extensive discussion of 3 mile laterals by Roy and NMOilboy from October 2021.

Something like this, maybe (it varies across the county). But this is a nice one because it starts at 1000 bopd so you can pretty easily see the ratios at subsequent times

This was only 10 years, but a well is probably going to be economic for 30-40 years, decline should get really flat at lower rates. A 3 mile lateral is going to make a bit more in the beginning and decline slightly slower.

1 Like

Do you have one of these charts for Gas?

Sure, I live to serve. Same wells (fixed axis scale)

Qi=1150 Di=1.386 B=0.95

This is just an example of someplace in Howard, may or may not fit your wells but probably not far off. Gas will decline slower.

1 Like

Thank you NMoilboy for this workup for both oil and gas. I understand that there are lots of potential variables for each owner / location, but this is a super visual. Another example of why we teach math above the levels of balancing a check book… (Old guidance counselors don’t die, we just retire and follow mineral forums online.) :grin:

Thank you I appreciate your time.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.