Spacing Units - Part 2 - Mckenzie County - ND

Hello again…

Does anyone know a way to research spacing units and changes to them over time for McKenzie County ND?

In May/June 2022, our royalty percentages and production figures from wells in McKenzie County changed significantly. We were told that part of the reason was a change in the way the State has companies report. Does anyone know anything about this change by the State of North Dakota?

The more I am learning, the more I am finding that spacing units (and their history) really matter. Thank you all for any help!

I don’t know anything about your specific situation or mid-22 statewide changes.

For a given field the NDIC should have all the historical orders for the field which should have the spacing unit definitions. So if one has a lot of time you could go through all of the orders. For a specific part of McKenzie county.

It appears to be a premium (i.e. non-free) ndic service.

If I remember correctly, it is only $50 annual fee for the updated service.

You can probably look up the ND oil and gas statutes and see what the new changes are if legislated.

I have not seen changes in any of our percentages with several different operators since 2022, so you might want to inquire further into their explanation.

To get the orders I believe you need the premium subscription option which is $175/yr. Or free if you happen to remember the XTO login :wink:

Thanks. It must have gone up since I last used the premium service.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.