Spacing and such other relief as is appropiate

Wuth the help of this board I recently found the spacing of my well #20341 under Hearing Dockets on the NDIC web page.

The spacing is for sections 2 and 11 and such other relief as is appropiate. The well is drilled on a pad for two wells in the NWNE portion of section 14. My mineral rights are for the NW4 of section 14 and the wells drilling location is 150-200 feet from my mineral rights. I read something about a 500 feet setback requirement. Does this mean I will be included in the spacing?

If so then, how much is the such other relief as is appropiate. I also read that the mineral onwers have a right in particapating in spacing issues. Thanks for any help.

I have wells situate on my mineral description in N.D. I am told these are not mine because the wellbores are off my property. I have heard they are allowed to do this offset drilling, but I still need to check into it as the wells are a considerable distance from the section border on my side. I believe they could drill at an angle towards the border and or not perforate the well in the area of my minerals, but I need to investigate this, and have not had time. It's not something I would take the operators word for because I have caught them in several lies already. I am sure they would complete inside my minerals if they were still on my side when they reached target depth, after all, if caught they would probably only be forced to pay me. I would contact the NDIC oil and gas division to see what they could tell you. I don't think operators are under scrutiny for what they do over a mile underground. I think if there is something wrong and you don't bring it to someones attention, it will go unchallenged. Do not expect the oil industry to police itself.

Thanks, I’ll call the NDIC oil and gas division.

r w kennedy said:

I have wells situate on my mineral description in N.D. I am told these are not mine because the wellbores are off my property. I have heard they are allowed to do this offset drilling, but I still need to check into it as the wells are a considerable distance from the section border on my side. I believe they could drill at an angle towards the border and or not perforate the well in the area of my minerals, but I need to investigate this, and have not had time. It's not something I would take the operators word for because I have caught them in several lies already. I am sure they would complete inside my minerals if they were still on my side when they reached target depth, after all, if caught they would probably only be forced to pay me. I would contact the NDIC oil and gas division to see what they could tell you. I don't think operators are under scrutiny for what they do over a mile underground. I think if there is something wrong and you don't bring it to someones attention, it will go unchallenged. Do not expect the oil industry to police itself.

Jack:

I have talked with the NDIC on several occasions in regards to our mineral holdings. They are very helpful but be sure to have all your information in order as they will shoot all kinds of questions toward you. I have recently been emailing the geologist in their office and all correspondence has been by email as I keep a copy of the responses.