Southwest Fayette County TX

I share mineral interest on 40 acres in southwest Fayette County and have been given one fair offer six months ago by OGM Land (Scout Energy) , but didn't pursue it hard as I didn't feel they were really associated with any of the active producers nearby to my knowledge and they haven't pressed it much either ....and I'm surprised that there has been no offers at all since then by anyone ....Our property sat between two good chalk wells and we were involve in one in 1980 that came in very well with both oil and gas, but died out quickly as it sat idle waiting for tanks for several months after fraking. That good initial result in the Chalk indicating to me from what we know today means we are decently located over an active area of the Eagle Ford I think.

Our property is located on County Road 169 (Webb Lane) ......4 miles west of Flatonia and about one mile Northeast of the intersection of Interstate 10 and the Gonzales County Line . I like some others am hoping that the two new Flatonia wells test out good and stir some interest in my neighborhood .

If anyone can share any info on a good company with interest nearby I'd appreciate comments or suggestions as we are anxious to lease and not trying to hold out for "30,000 an acre" !

Mr. Sanders, Can you tell me who owns the surface of this property? I know of a few people still leasing out there that might be intersted in the area, but need to identify it on a map.

I sold surface to Jimmy Hearn sometime back and assume he still owns it, but not sure...

Legal description is J.S. Menefee 1/3 League Abst 239 Fayette Co. and it's on the dead end of County Road 169 called Webb Lane .

I have a map showing GeoSouthern Leases and it appears they have leased a property roughly a mile northeast of me. Magnum Hunter holds land in northern Gonzales Co. as close it seems as 2-3 miles southwest of me...

Adam said:

Mr. Sanders, Can you tell me who owns the surface of this property? I know of a few people still leasing out there that might be intersted in the area, but need to identify it on a map.

Thanks.

I found it on my map. It is outside of where my guys are leasing.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

Adam

Thanks anyway…any opinion on my prospects there?

Adam said:

Thanks.

Adam

Its a bit north of what most consider to be good Eagle Ford. Its gets shallower the further you go.

It is actually right on a line drawn on one of my maps showing where the Shale is good & isnt.

I would think that it has good potential, just dont expect the super high production rates that you may read about in other places.

Thanks Adam … I agree with your assesment and am hoping I can be pooled with a unit joing me to the SE , otherwise I may be included in the “second round”.

Adam said:

Its a bit north of what most consider to be good Eagle Ford. Its gets shallower the further you go.

It is actually right on a line drawn on one of my maps showing where the Shale is good & isnt.

I would think that it has good potential, just dont expect the super high production rates that you may read about in other places.

Adam,

My wife, her brother and sister, along with several of their neighbors have property in southern Fayette County that has not been leased as of yet. All properties lie in an area bounded by West County Line Road to the south, Baumgarten Road to the east, Kainer Road to the north and not quite to Smith-Marek Road to the west.

Would you be interested in talking with us?

Adam said:

Thanks.

Adam

eja,

Unfortunately we are no longer leasing & the companies I do know that are leasing in the area are not in your area.

Adam