South west corner of Atascosa bordering Frio

little land interest in Atascosa, curious about this Eagle Ford play, mineral rights have been leased but curious if any activity going on in that area. Believe someone named Cortez Oil has purchased/assembled the mineral leases…anybody know these folks? thanks.

heard a interesting story for a old geologist the other day. It was about a place on the Atascosa McMullen county line. they were researching a old Edwards well to convert it to salt water disposal. seems McMullen does not allow salt water disposal wells so they were getting a really good price to put in a injection well

Thanks Andy but what does that mean? Recently found out leases now in control by Cabot oil

after more map reserach I think I’ve figured out where our 750 acres are-which are the sw corner of frio/atascosa/mcmullen corner-looks like about 3 miles north of mcmullen county line and touches a bit over into frio. The last permitting map I saw has 2 blue dots on it which look pretty close to our land. how could I find out for sure? anybody? thanks.

latest, just received an offer from Nantucket Resources houston for $2,000.00 per net acre on 782 acres on Atascosa for oil and gas royalty for 3 years or as long as producing. after three years or cessation of production, it reverts back to me…any thoughts?

take it as long as the royalties are 25% and 2 yr. renewal option at end of initial lease term. with that much acreage make sure you get a qualified o&g lawyer to look at the lease contract.

they only want to buy our existing royalty which is under lease to Cabot oil. in other words, they want our contracted 25% prior to drilling-don't think I'll sell, want to wait to see if anything produces.

How did tat offer work out?

Clay Wommack said:

latest, just received an offer from Nantucket Resources houston for $2,000.00 per net acre on 782 acres on Atascosa for oil and gas royalty for 3 years or as long as producing. after three years or cessation of production, it reverts back to me...any thoughts?