Sources for well-level information and drilling activity

Do any of you know of any sources of well-level production, leasing, and drilling data other than Enverus/DrillingInfo? It’s a bit expensive and getting more so every year so looking to find an alternative.

You didn’t say which State you’re interested in. If it’s Texas, the free source for well-level drilling (permitting) and production data is the Railroad Commission through their online site. The State Comptroller’s site CONG is also good for sales revenue by lease. For leasing, I like the free “Lease Alert” CourthouseDirect.com will send regularly on any counties you select.

Oseberg has several states but they are similar in pricing to Drilling Info.
The state oil and gas sites for most states are free or close to free, but they are for drilling and regulatory items. Leases are filed in the county courthouses, so that varies by county. Texasfile.com is useful. In OK, www.okcountyrecords.com. I have also used products from IHS and Pangaea.

You might take a look at WellDatabase or Royalty Advocate. I haven’t used them, but last time I looked their prices were more affordable.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.