Solimar Update and Zodiac Exploration and Aera Energy Farmout Acreage

Can anyone confirm what part of Kern County (if any) is encompassed by this play?

http://www.oilvoice.com/n/Solimar_provides_update_on_California_Kreyenhagen_shale_oil_play/0cfe5acebf0d.aspx

Is this in a different area than Solimar's Jack Hamar wells?

Also worth noting in this article is the 4 well JV with Zodiac Exploration and Aera Energy. Has anyone on the forum been apporoached or signed a lease with Zodiac or Aera in Kern County?

If so, what is your Township and Range?

We signed a lease with Western Energy a couple of years ago. That lease was assigned to Aera last year.

We are Section 2, T25S, Range 18E. No idea where that is relative to the subject article.

Any information would be helpful - we are in Canada so don't know the lay of the land down there. Thanks

Jim,

How long is the lease and what royalty and rental did Western Energy pay?

It was $30/acre and 1/6 royalty. We signed it two years ago. From some of the numbers I have seen in this forum, sounds like it might be low. It was 5 years.

There was also another lease with Western a bit further North in Kings County

Thanks Jim, we were approached by Western with that offer as well. We ended up signing with Aera Energy. I didn't realize at the time that Aera is actually owned by Shell and Exxon or their affiliates. We have minerals in T28-R22. We had received the notification with the last rental payment that Western had sold all or a portion of their leasehold in the area to Aera, which was odd since we signed with Aera in the first place. I do however, find it encouraging that Aera would be interested in putting together a larger acreage position than just what they had leased themselves. Jim, from the Township and Range that you have listed down to ours, that is a pretty broad area. Roughly 18 miles N/S by 24 miles E/W and thats just what we know about. From what little I know about the area right now, it appears that we are a bit West of the Monterey Shale maps that I have seen. However, these plays do tend to get legs and spread out over time.