Small Piece of Land - Harrison Co. TX, near Karnack - How to Get Payment?

I have a small piece of land (0.65) acres in Karnack (Harrison County,TX) that was owned previously by my father. A well was drilled within a few hundred feet of the back property line. The well was drilled by C.W. Resources and is now operated by Wagner & Brown Ltd. I was never contacted about a lease.

The well has been producing for two years or more. What action should I take and what should I expect to be offered? A previous letter to Wagner & Brown has been ignored. Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

Dear Mr. Miller,

Assuming that you own the minerals and you are closer than 467’ from the bottom hole location at the producing interval, then you contact the Railroad Commission to determine if a Rule 37 exception was granted for the drilling and production of the well. The 467’ is per statewide regulations. Special field rules may reduce or expand the spacing requirement.

If you do not own the minerals or are further than 467’ from the bottom hole location at the producing interval, then there is nothing to do, unless you feel as if you are being drained and have the resources to institute a Chapter 102 (Mineral Interest Pooling Act) action through the Railroad Commission.

Dear Mr. Cotten,

Your input is greatly appreciated. I will send a letter to the Railroad Commission.

Thank you.