SM Energy takeover

Good afternoon. SM Energy has bought out Civitas , New Mexico, T25, R36, section 18, 80 acres gross, also pipelines running into section 19.I stopped receiving royalty checks July of 2026. Energylink shows wells as active. Also, I had to bump Civitas to include section 19 in royalties. I see no other wells in the area. My emails go unanswered. I finally got someone to answer a phone call and they advised checks would come. Is this normal in a buyout? Thank you in advance.

There can be delays in buyouts. Keep all of your statements for seven years for the IRS and for this type of situation so that you can match new Division Order decimals to the old ones and catch any missing wells. It can take several months for the new operator to get every well and every owner transferred into their accounting system.

Something has gone wrong with the SM accounting system for the Civitas wells. SM sent out its first checks in August for royalties for June production month. No checks were sent in Sept and nothing has been posted to EnergyLink. Are you going through the SM owner relations about this?

Ok. Thank you.

I have talked to a new girl they hired to answer phones. She advised I would be getting a check soon. My sister got an email after requesting info and their reply was… You only have $2.67 coming. Where her checks have been 400-500 monthly. My checks are less due to me giving my son half my royalties.