Slope County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Okay for the Rect Identify you have to be zoomed in close enough to see the dry hole symbols and the oil well symbols and you might see some orange colored round symbols…Make sure your page is full page…click on rect Identify and go back on the map and you will see that your pointer changed to a X or a Plus sign…Pick out a dry hole symbol and make sure your Pointer is positioned right on the middle of the symbol and left click on it…Look down on the very bottom of the screen in that map page and you will see a place where you can scroll up a little bit and you should see information on that dry hole as to date drilled and other info…You can also do that on the orange and black dots etc…Have fun, Mike

RW,

Our grass still resembles grass, but its mostly brown and crackles when you walk on it. This week, we had enough sprinkles to spot up the windows, but never put more than a few polka dots on the sidewalks and driveway. So frustrating, as the rains all seem to go around us. We haven’t mowed since June, which is unheard of. As to the cooler weather, its actually too windy and cool to have windows open today. For the football games tonight, they’re suggesting everyone bundle up. It’s longjohn season already.

Mike,

I did see all the dockets for Sept. for the GV, Billings and Stark counties. I’m happy to see they’re still hitting some good wells, and not all rigs move into MT or further north in ND.

Hand cranking AC huh? Not sure I’ve seen one of those before and I’m no spring chicken. Perhaps its more of a Southern item. I’ve seen window AC and heat pumps and central ac, even seen swamp coolers, but not any hand crank ac’s.

I do enjoy warm/hot weather, over the cold winters we get; but I don’t think I could handle the extreme heat for as long as you all get in TX. I guess that’s why us northerners become winter snow birds—to have the best of both worlds.

RW and Mike, Stay cool; sip some ice tea, lemonade, or crack a cold one.

Susan

Okay, here we go again…I was looking at the GIS Map Server today and zoomed in untill I could see T136N - R98W sections 15 and 22 in purple, I then clicked on Rect Identify and moved the mouse pointer on section 15 and left clicked on it…At the bottom of that page this popped up Formation-Bakken…Type-DRL…Ref Code-19215…Feature Created-(Mon. 16 Apr 2012 00:00:00…Feature Updated-Tue. 21 Aug 2012:00:00…Map Symbol_1280DRL) This use to be 1280 Spacing…So I do not know what this all means, maybe some one in the forum does…Thanks, Mike

Patty, you can use the GIS server map on the NDIC site to check for activity. You can zoom the map out and see activity for a large area.

Our family owns mineral rights in Slope County Township 135 North, Range 99W of the 5th PM, section 12. Does anyone know if there is any activity in that area? We do not have a lease but am interested and would appreciate any recommendations. I also would like to point out that if your mineral rights are dorment for 20 years, they can be claimed by another party. It is very important to contact the county that you mineral rights are in and make sure they have your current contact information. This happened to us and we had to go to court to get them back. I have more info if anyone is interested.

I may be wrong but, I believe Pacer is a leasing agent for Marathon. They appear pretty interested in Slope County.

If anyone is interested in February’s North Dakota’s auctions go to…

http://www.land.nd.gov/minerals/docs/201302auctionlist.pdf

We were contacted by a landman in Washington State approx. two weeks ago and he wanted to know if we would lease for $50.00 per acre…We have a small amount located in Slope at 135N 102W sec 15. We told him that we are just going to sit on it for now…

Patty, Thank you very much. I will certainly keep you informed of anything I learn. Tom

Tom…That is correct on Pacer for Marathon…

We signed with pacer for $250 per acre in November.

Thank you and goodbye is frequently the best answer. The landman I was speaking of told me that I was supposed to make a counter offer. I had to explain to them that I was not trying to lease my acres, that I need not counter offer. That if they wanted to lease my acres that they needed to make an offer that would catch my attention.

Thanks Patty for the updates. $250 is pretty decent for now. I think leasing in the Slope County area was very slow for 2012. At the state auctions in 2012, I know there were some parcels available that went for $10 and $20 an acre, which is crazy low. Can I ask what % of royalty they offered?

Susan

Patty,

Can I ask what your T/R area is in Slope? I think they’re targeting the north eastern area only, but I have relatives still waiting to get their minerals leased in T-136/R-101. Is there a contact person for Pacer?

Thanks,

Susan

Mike Z, I have had dealings with a landman located in Washington state, the last name wouldn’t be Mazziotti, would it?

Patty, We are next to you in 135n 98w 7 & 18. I would very much appreciate it if you could pass along the name of the landman your brother worked with. Tom

Susan, I forgot to add 135N.

Tom, I called my brother for the info. He will get me the details tomorrow. He just asks that you let us know the outcome. Like this site, if we know what is going on around us, it gives us better bargaining power.

I can not remember what it was…He did have some ideal what we had though…I told him we were not interested and the conversation ended…(smile)

Susan, it is Range 99W of the 5th PM, section 12. My brother handled the lease so I don’t know who the contact is. I could find out if you need it.