Slope County, ND - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

This question deals with a well outside of Slope, but is nearby in Stark. Has anyone heard anything new about the Schoch well near Scheffield? I’ve heard that the well might be revisited, whatever that might mean. Thanks

I’m thinking maybe he is referring to the hatzenbuler (spelling) that CHK drilled. Williston Exploration bought out CHK on one of those wells and plans to rework it or whatnot. It was posted somewhere and possibly on the daily activity list of ndic about 2 months ago, or more.

new on the may 12th NDIC daily activity list

#28350 - ANSCHUTZ OIL COMPANY, LLC, JACOBSON 1-29-134-104, NWSW 29-134N-104W, SLOPE CO., 1980’ FSL and 1000’ FWL, WILDCAT, WILDCAT, ‘Tight Hole’, 2991’ Ground, API #33-087-00362

2nd permit in 2 days for Slope county.

DATE: MAY 14, 2014 DAILY REPORT: 16589

PERMIT LIST

#28376 - ARMSTRONG OPERATING, INC., FIRST CREEK 1, SWNE 12-135N-101W, SLOPE CO., 2130’ FNL and 1840’ FEL, WILDCAT, WILDCAT, ‘Tight Hole’, 2781’ Ground, API #33-087-00363

do you think they aren’t naming the pool, because this particular well isn’t officially off the confidential list, even though they are displaying production and the well file is exposed.

I don’t understand much of the well files, so I only glance through them.

as for the “pools”, there aren’t that many at that location in ND, but is this just a play to keep other oil companies from knowing their data?

what does ‘unknown XLM’ mean?

NDIC File No: 26794 RUNDLE TRUST 21-29TH
Cumulative Production Data
Pool: UnknownXML Cum Oil: 656 Cum MCF Gas: 538 Cum Water: 2355
Pool: TYLER Cum Oil: 158 Cum MCF Gas: 53 Cum Water: 573
Production Test Data
IP Test Date: 4/3/2014 Pool: TYLER IP Oil: 88 IP MCF: 0 IP Water: 153

I have basic subscription to the ndic, it posted april production already.

Snues…where are you getting the information for this well?

rigged up last week, but just got posted today

this is going to be exciting to track, given the numerous canceled permits in that T/R area, s

sure hope they strike a good producer. sadly, it will be till the day before Thanksgiving to come off confidential list.

Has anyone had contact with Marathon recently? I noticed on the NDIC website map that the spacing units that Marathon requested in May were not showing yet. So I called the Oil& Gas office to inquire why. They told me that the order creating those two spacing units has not been signed yet. My thought is that Marathon is holding it up. But the question is why?

The powell is off confidential list. Shows status of drl yet. the well file is posted, but I haven’t looked at it yet.

Do you happen to know if that well currently being drilled in Slope is horizontal or vertical? It’s been over 3 weeks, and still posted on the list. If it was a vertical, I didn’t think it’d take more than 3 weeks to drill out.

Anybody have a guess as to what is happening with The Powell & Rundle Trust wells? Thanks, Tom

Oh well (ha pun intended) we had our sections wrong seems Powell owns a lot of land in 134/99 and assumed since we own rights on his land they were drilling but section 27 is not ours, we talked to Pacer and they are not renewing leases, then talked to the clerks office and they said it is dead dead, nothing like 3 years ago when they were all hot to lease in Slope so sorry to bring the bad news.

I was able to go for another drive today. There is now a pump on the Powell well and it is running. It will be interesting to see if they can get much production out of it. I also went the Armstrong well north of Amidon and it was a dry hole. They apparently plugged it with the rig. I did not go out to the Anschutz well.

I consider a pump to be promising, I doubt they would bother to install a pump just to check the quality of the brine they would have to pay to dispose of.

Had it wrong, our rights in 135n-99w are section 3 all and section 35n half and available LOL!

Operators are great bean counters and I generally do not see them throwing good money after bad. I believe that if a pump was installed they expect the well to produce enough to pay for the pump , power for the pump and disposal of the brine or the operator would have just plugged the well. Might plug the well after a year if it’s as poor as you suggest and the pump moved and installed on another well. God knows there are enough wells that could use a pump right now and I don’t expect that to change in the near future so it’s not like the well has to totally pay of the entire purchase price of the pump or entire cost of drilling to make it worthwhile to produce the well. That still bodes no better for new wells in that area.

Cum Oil: 0 Cum MCF Gas: 397 Cum Water: 614