Signing bonus checks

Can anyone comment on the signing bonus checks? I know some groups are offering large signing bonus promises, but to date only Wishguard has paid anything out....they sent out the first round of checks Friday, 3/23.

Has anyone gotten a signing bonus check from ALOV, NELA, or another company?

My check was due from Wishguard in Sept. They failed to pay. On the day the check should have arrived I got a request for extension. I did not grant the extension. When I called Wishguard they told me my property did not meet their criteria and then told me that many properties in Ashtabula County had existing leases. I asked if that was the case with my property and they said they would not tell me. I asked what criteria the property did not meet. They said I would never know that. I have since checked and there is no existing lease on the property.

Draw your own conclusions.

Just found out (from reading a 'Utica Shale Group' entry that I take it posted last Thursday) that Chesapeake is looking to hire some Landmen in Ohio.

Check it out.

Let us all know what you think / if you've heard anything more relative to new Ashtabula County leasing activity.

3/19/2013

gib shanley said:

My check was due from Wishguard in Sept. They failed to pay. On the day the check should have arrived I got a request for extension. I did not grant the extension. When I called Wishguard they told me my property did not meet their criteria and then told me that many properties in Ashtabula County had existing leases. I asked if that was the case with my property and they said they would not tell me. I asked what criteria the property did not meet. They said I would never know that. I have since checked and there is no existing lease on the property.

It's impossible to conclude anything pertinent beyond what you already know to be fact.

All I can conclude (as related) is what I concluded many years ago and that is that it's a landowner hostile marketplace out there - landowner be smart - landowner beware - misinformation and trickery continue their supreme reign.

Good luck to all of us - we need it.

Joseph E. Powell said:

Just found out (from reading a 'Utica Shale Group' entry that I take it posted last Thursday) that Chesapeake is looking to hire some Landmen in Ohio.

Check it out.

Let us all know what you think / if you've heard anything more relative to new Ashtabula County leasing activity.

3/19/2013

gib shanley said: