Sign a lease with producing well existing?

Yes, I have seen that article. Let me know how your case is progressing. When I actually did talk to a human there a couple of months ago the gal divulged that there was a new leader of their legal department and that was why they were so far behind. Likely story, I’m sure. Good luck.

Shawn CJ Kling said:

Thanks Dawn, I am sorry that the check was not what you expected, but hey your doing better than us! They owe me a lot more than what they paid you and I haven't seen a cent. I also thought I would update both you and Buddy Cotten that I checked back with my sources on a few of the facts that were given to me for backup, per my promise to Buddy. What I found out was that Buddy was correct when he challenged the fact that Continental Resources was the most profitable company in America. What my guys told me is that although they are extremely profitable, that what they actually said was that the companies CEO & Founder is the wealthiest oilman or rather "Wildcatter" in the United States. I copied the article they provided to me as proof below. So there it is! I stand corrected, thanks Buddy for bringing that to my attention. My sources in the media however have promised to provide me with any new details they learn about this great mystery of folks not getting paid, and assured me that there was fire where there was smoke. They indicated that their own independent research so far indicated that the number of people awaiting their Division Order is alarmingly high, and the number of those that have all of their documentation properly filled and awaiting payment is NOT high so far, but more research is being conducted to confirm this. What bothers me in my situation is that I / we have a contractual agreement and they have broken it! I have selected a very reputable law firm to handle this for me today and I expect to have this resolved according to my Attorney. The Firm feels that Continental is clearly in Breach and that this is not unusual for them, they assured me that my case is as good as one can get and that the ramifications financially for Continental are far more significant than what I previously thought. Anyway, I wish you the best and if I can be of any further help to you let me know and I can see about getting you in front of the right folks. The article on Mr. Hamm is below;

Published December 03 2010

Richest Oilman In The Country Visits UND

Harold Hamm is the founder and CEO of ContinentalResources and owns more oil and gas than any other person in the United States.

By: Lezlie Johnson,WDAZ

From pumping gas to owning it, a billionaire from Oklahoma shared his story with students at UND today.

Harold Hammis the founder and CEO of Continental Resources and owns more oil and gas thanany other person in the United States.

"Our industry is a generous industry. We go out and spend millions of dollars forsomething and share it with everybody else. That's one of the reasons I like it." Hamm said.

Billionaire Harold Hamm started out pumping gas at a service station and is now the CEO of Continental Resources Incorporated. Today the wealthiest oilman in the U.S.visited UND. Hamm says the oil boom in North Dakota, provides many job opportunities.

"There was an estimation early of some 9-thousand jobs, that number increased to12-thousand. I've heard recent numbers as high as 20-thousand jobs that's needed up here in the oil and gas industry." Hamm said.

Hamm ownsoil in the Bakken in the Western part of the state where estimates of reserves have more than doubled.

"It's provided a wonderful resource for North Dakota and our country, allowing us tocut down on the amount of imports, oil imported to America."

Hamm shared his story with UND students today...hoping to inspire and help those with the same dreams.

"He used the example of crawling out to the end of a branch to get the fruit,sometimes the branch breaks, you fall off. He was very engaging with ourstudents.: UND president Robert Kelley said.

The billionaire may live in Oklahoma, but frequently visits North Dakota where someof his success started.

PreviousNext
All the best - Shawn

Dusty,

I had actually prepared a fairly extensive response to this and then was sidetracked with some other business matters. When I returned to my laptop to finish my response to you I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Continental Resources addressing the issues at hand. I was very happy with the answers I received and the manner in which they were addressed. It appears that we have resolved the payment issue and I would say that 95% of the problems are now dealt with and before the end of next week it would appear that we should be successful in concluding 100% of the current issues. I would like to very briefly address your post with regards to your comments on me being sued for expressing myself and sharing my views and the information I learned up to this point.

First and foremost I in no way agree with your interpretation of my comments or that I could be sued for them. I understand why you might say that, but without spending a lot of time discussing the legal merits of such a case or lack thereof, or discussing the rule of law and past case law, I can assure you that I am not worried about this in the least. If you knew who I was or my background and representative industries and professions I am involved with, I doubt you would pose to me the question you did. Obviously you do not know this and that is fine. perhaps next time you find yourself here in Arizona you could contact me and I will be more than happy to invite you to my office and show you the numerous framed pieces of paper occupying most of the south facing wall of my study. We could enjoy a nice cup of coffee and I am sure a few laughs once you understood a little more about me and my profession. This is something I am very private about which you would appreciate. I would say that the odds that any company or profession you are now or have been involved in, were not in some way connected with my interests would be very, very, low.

I don't of course always agree with everyone's views and opinions, but I respect that there are diverging views and opinions and I believe that a healthy and respectable debate is important when addressing an important issue such as this. I appreciate your thoughts and hope you will take me up on my offer sometime.

My conversation with the folks at Continental was very informative and apologetic for the delay and lack of communication. They went out of their way to assure me of there commitment to keep this from occurring again. I think that they were also appreciative of sharing with them my frustration and the aggravation of others who have contacted me and shared their stories and opinions. I hope that the culmination of all of this will at the end of the day result in stronger communication between Continental and its mineral owners, as well as improved relations to everyones benefit.

I was pleased that Continental agreed that this situation would not have gone so awry if they had responded sooner. I was made aware of the various challenges and issues that they have been working to resolve to be more responsive and meet their obligations. They also addressed some of the rumors that are out there and satisfactorily answered all of my questions. I have a much more positive opinion of this company and feel that they need to get their message out to the mineral holders they are working with that details some of the information they shared with me. This will go a long way in clearing up some of the negative impressions out there and I think they are on the right track. In short order I expect them to accomplish this, and I relayed that I would share the positive impact of the call(s) I had with the Continental people as well as the anticipated positive outcome with my contacts in the media as well as the numerous other mineral holders that shared information with me and opinions that were negative and in some cases nothing more than rumors.

I will withhold final judgement until next week, but for now I must say that I am impressed with them as a company. If they had only communicated before this all got to the point where they were late delivering on their end of the transaction, A lot of misinformation and bad feelings would have been completely avoided. These guys know this and I am convinced they are working hard and doing their best to catchup. Continental in fact does pay its mineral holders and they pay on time once you are properly in the system. I did not have any title issues at all by the way, but I am aware of some of the intricate details now that are often prescient to most of the problems that result in delays. In my case they were simply behind...

I promised to report any progress or new information as I got it, and in keeping to this commitment I am pleased to report that the vast majority of the information I was previously told is either inaccurate or exaggerated and I do not believe there is any intentional delaying of funds owed to mineral holders. Once I conclude my current business matters with them next week, I will offer one last update to Dawn on the outcome of my transaction and give her some good recommendations and contact information which I hope will help both she and Continental resolve any unanswered questions or bad feelings. I always want to share the good deeds and any positive resolutions that have affected my opinions and views when they were previously very negative. Fair is fair and I am very pleased with the results of my discussion and turn of events. Dawn I would encourage you not to give up, and I know that these people are more than willing to tackle any questions you may have. They know there is a lot of upset people like you and I out there and hopefully the information I will share with you can be of some assistance.

All the best,

Shawn

Dusty said:

You may want to look up the definitions of libel and corporate defamation. Their lawyers may very well be busy with a new legal matter after reading your post.

FYI, whether or not relevant to your situation, you failed to note that under ND law, interest is not required to be paid if delays are attributable to title problems.

Shawn CJ Kling said:

I just happened to find this web site when I googled "Continental Resources NOT paying mineral rights". I am glad I found it and hopefully can be of some help to you. I googled this because I was too pissed off to sleep! It is 3:00 AM in the morning here in Scottsdale Arizona and I am trying to sleep and can't because of the stress caused by these people. That aside, let me try to help you as best as I can. I also have a well in the neighboring County McKenzie County.

1.) Continental Resources is THE MOST PROFITABLE COMPANY IN AMERICA! Don't take my word for it, verify this yourself.

2.) Continental Resources doesn't like to pay because they make their money on hedging oil and gold!

3.) Continental Resources is corrupt, they have a MASSIVE lobbying budget for Republicans in nearly every State.

4.) Continental Resources more or less owns the State of North Dakota and its State and Federal Representatives.

5.) Continental Resources MUST pay by law 150 days AFTER they start selling YOUR oil or gas.....

6.) IF Continental Resources does not pay after 150 days, then by State Law (ND anyway), they MUST pay you 18% Interest on any unpaid balance.

7.) Continental Resources NEVER pays anyone after 150 days.....

8.) To legally get your 18% interest you MUST FIRST send them a Notarized Letter demanding your 18% interest. They will not just send it to you....

9.) To get paid anything you must FIRST sign your Division Order and send it in.

10.) Continental Resources WILL NOT RETURN CALLS OR PAY YOU UNLESS YOU RAISE THE ROOF.

I am sorry to come of so strong, but I actually feel sorry for you. These people owe me money and I have done everything I am supposed to legally, but the LATEST EXCUSE is that they are behind because they are under staffed!!!!!!!!!!!

They are behind because they are using your money and mine to hedge on Oil and Gold. The DAILY return they can get doing this if they have large sums of money are astounding!!! It is worth it for them to NOT PAY YOU AND I and pay any fines, interest, or attorneys (They have A LOT) to hold you at bay as long as they can to use as much money of their mineral holders as possible. The daily return they get on hedging these items is so monumentally greater than all of the fees and interest that they MIGHT have to pay us, that it is WELL WORTH the hassle. THIS IS WHY THEY ARE THE MOST PROFITABLE COMPANY IN AMERICA!

They are bad, bad, bad, people, and unfortunately there is nothing you can LEGALLY really do about it. Your only prayer is if you happen to be an Attorney or very wealthy yourself and can make their plans difficult. If you raise enough hell you MIGHT have a 50/50 chance. Depending on where you live I would contact your local Congressman and hire an Attorney in North Dakota. You might as well file suit now if you ever want to see what is rightfully owed to you and file a complaint with your local congressional rep and pray, pray, pray that they are not already on the take. If you have a Democrat in your area then your odds just got SLIGHTLY better. You will learn if you hire an attorney that you are certainly not alone....

I truly wish you the very best and wish that I had better news for both of us.

All the best,

Shawn

WOW. That's an 'about face.' I'm still waiting for a call back regarding decimal interest descrepancies, which I faxed to their division order department over one month ago. But then again, I haven't been hounding them daily either. Maybe I should begin again!

I am happy your issues have been resolved. I look forward to any help or information you would be willing to share with me.

Again, best of luck to you.

Dawn

They said they lost my fax, perhaps it’s filed away with yours somewhere there. They are supposedly under staffed… always.

To answer the original question. Should Continental have told you about an existing well on your minerals ? They aren’t required to obviously. It was your minerals, your property. They know that most people know nothing about their own minerals. It would have been bad for business to tell you there was already a well. You could have driven a much better bargain than you did. Continental didn’t cheat you. They let you cheat yourself.

well if it is obviously not there duly to tell me about the existing well,I would have not posted the question .OBVIOUSLY

I feel for you. Believe me I do. Sorry. I hope you will forgive me for saying obviously. I am reasonably certain you have no recourse. I wish for your sake it were not so, but I think you are stuck. That being the case I wish you luck in getting paid. To that end , I recommend that you have your ownership of your minerals recorded in your own name in the county in which they lay, if you have not already done so. It would be a pity to add delay of the payments you are due to the aggravation you have already experienced. I have had 6 wells drilled on my minerals since early 2008 and I’m about to have a seventh drilled and I have never recieved a penny. I hope your problems never reach the proportions mine have achieved. Best wishes ; RWK

Is the interest they owe you 2000 or is that what you expect the oil revenues that are owed to you. I am not sure if you know this but bare with me if you knew this but continental only has to pay interest on oil sales over 150 days. I have had 2 wells drilled by different operators (Marathon and Newfield). The marathon check came almost to within a couple of days of the 150 days but the newfield came late. I have heard from friends that experienced delays and it is because the oil companies are drilling so many new wells that they don’t have the staff to deal with the paper work. I heard a couple of years ago that EOG took up to 9 months to get their division orders out but i would say trying to find someone to talk to about the royalties is not worth it at this point. If you already signed the DO, the check will probably be cut on 1/25 or so. If you go another month without one, then it I would contact them (or try to atleast)

I also would like to add that even though newfield’s check was late, they were very easy to get a hold of and very helpful. Compared to the horror stories I have heard, i think they do a pretty good job even though they are behind on getting checks out (took about 1 month over the 180 days)