Shut in wells Haynie

I am trying to find out the reason wells I own mineral rights to are shut in. The wells are Haynie in Tarrant county texas. The operator is listed as The Cumming Corp. They have not responded to my messages and I am unable to contact them through The contact us link on their website. I would like to know why they were shut in and if it is permanent. What happened to the original lease before they acquired the wells. Any info would be appreciated.

Could you list the API number or the Section/Abstract #?

The Railroad Commission shows three Haynie wells with Cumming as operator but they are in Johnson instead of Tarrant County.

The records show Chesapeake drilled them in 2008 but TEP Barnett USA took over as operator in August, 2017 and they were then assigned to Cumming in May, 2021.

RRC isn’t showing they’ve been plugged but the last production report from any of the three was from the Haynie 3H in July, 2019, two years before Cumming became the operator. The records don’t show why they were shut-in but after that long I doubt they will ever go back in operation.

Your question about what happened to your original lease could depend on the wording in it, but generally the term of the lease would have continued as long as there was production in the unit or, depending on the provisions in the lease, the operator could maintain it by making shut-in royalty payments. Typically if no payments have been made since 2019 the leases has expired.

If they won’t respond you can send Cumming a registered letter at the address that’s shown for them in RRC’s records and ask for a release.

Thank you so much for the info. The confusion on county of location is because I pay taxes in both counties. I am still wondering the reason they were shut it. Is there anywhere that has that information?

Thank you Clint_liles…I had the wrong county …it’s Johnson County Texas.

I am wondering too what kind of company Cumming is . Maybe just investment of leases other operators what to get rid of? Or if it has to do with the service of plugging wells. Would cumming being the operator nowjeopardize my mineral rights?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.