Shut-in well

The well that we are partners in in Duchesne County, UT, Sec13 1S 2W, was shut-in in late Fall 2023. We have had no income since then and Javelin etal. refuses to communicate with us about this. We don’t know where to go from here. Any info or advice would be welcome. We have sent numerous emails to Pakenergy which is their owner relations contact point and have been met with radio silence.

When in doubt, get your pen & paper out and send them a letter, certified, return receipt. Gets answers almost every time. Good Luck.

1 Like

If it is the Duncan 5-13A2, it looks like the well may be back online. I see very low production in September and then resumed production in Oct, Nov, Dec. Sending the certified letter is a good idea.

https://dataexplorer.ogm.utah.gov/?keyName=PKey&keyValue=25840&keyType=Integer&detailXML=WellDetails.xml&DETAILSONLY=True

Duncan 5 well file.pdf (8.6 MB)

1 Like

Not this well but I have been following the data explorer for mine and it’s about the same. Only shows minimal gas production in January. Sending a letter is my next step. Any idea as to the best person in corporate structure to send it to?

“Revenue accounting” or something similar.

1 Like

We know the accounting will come eventually but more concerned with the well status ans reason for the shut in. Should those questions go somewhere else?

The reason would be for “Operations”, but they may not tell you.

1 Like

Without knowing anything about the well, many operators across the entire country are shutting in wells due to non-economical natural gas prices. Will that change? Sure, but nobody has a crystal ball to tell when that will happen. Each operator has to make their own decisions based on their own economics.

1 Like