Sheridan Petroleum filing bankruptcy?

Apologies if this has been hashed out already, but I hadn’t seen any topics. I just got a thick bundle of paperwork, which I’ll admit I’ve not closely looked over. It looks like this is not new business, but part of a reorganization. My first glance makes me think it is a “do nothing if you want us to handle this” or “opt out if you want to go after it with your own resources” situation.

Not sure what to think of it. I’m sure there are companies struggling, especially now, but others that have the ducks in a row.

Anyone else impacted by this, and got a word of wisdom?

1 Like

Just hold onto the paperwork. In most cases, you do not have to do anything as it will sort itself out. Basically, the courts will decide. You don’t do anything while it shakes out. If you want to sue separately, then you have to do something. Pretty common practice right now.

(Not giving legal advice, just what I have done with the many piles that came.) Royalty owners have a preferred class, so they need to keep paying us.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying the bundle of legalese.

Thank you for posting this question. The same arrived in the mail today and I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. A cover letter in English explaining what it was would have been nice, but…I guess that’s too much to expect.

Yes, I love a good, “do nothing” strategy.

Thanks for your answer as my sister got this paper work two days ago and didn’t know what to do with it either. Glad I gave her the right advice.

Thanks for the advice. My parakeet will be happy!

Got my royalty payment today from Sheridan. I don’t think it’s our fight.

Interestingly enough, when we got our email notice of direct deposit, I tried to open attachment like I always do to look at details and the link would not work. “We’re sorry, the link to view this information is no longer active”. Strange I thought as the email was only 3 days old. When I click on the FIS Intergrated Payables link it told me there was an important notice about spoofing to protect my data. When I tried to read notice it wanted to download to my computer!! No Way Jose. This is getting weird… Anyone else have this experience?

Contact the operator directly and let them know about the message. Also check the top of the email and see what the actual address of the sender reads. If it looks suspicious, then report it.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.