Sheridan county

Grandpa left me the mineral rights to the homestead near Dagmar. I have leased those rights to a company and now I am interested in knowing if there will ever be a result. I got $12,000 for the lease and will be paid a royalty of 17% if any oil ever comes out of the ground. Does anyone know if there are any wells yet drilled in Sheridan County?

can you tell us the township/range and section number?

We are at 34N56E section 16. I have checked the eser website since posting my question. It looks like there is a ton of drilling happening in Sheridan county and some within 15 miles of us. Don't know what the plans are for the future but will be watching with interest. What comments can you give me about the impact all this drilling has on the ranchers and farmers. I have read about the horrible experiences with fracking in New York and would not want to be part of imposing this on my Montana neighbors. I don't own any dirt, just mineral rights.

Mark- I couldn't find any horizontal drilling in your township and range. They could be vertical wells just testing and planning things out. There hasn't been any horrid experiences with fracking in Montana that I know of. I live in Montana. The Bakken play has heated up the last few years causing hardships with growing pains with the influx of people into the communities. Some areas have man camps for workers to live in. Roads are deteriorating because of the truck traffic. Crime is up. With a ton of people looking for work in the oil fields, some are finding work others don't. People are living in RVs, cars in parking lots because there are no places to stay. Hotels are reserved months on end. Two years ago, a house in Sidney valued at $75,000 is now selling for $275,000. Towns are fast tracking sub divisions and housing solutions. I hope this helps. I look at the area as a positive happening. I just hope they don't overbuild like the did with the last boom in the 80's. This is supposed to be a long play. Good luck to you.