Sheridan County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Looking for Oil & Gas Property:

We are looking for a fairly sizable position, minimum 1000 acres up to 50,000 acres that is production play with upside potential. If anyone is aware of this type of property please let me know. Thank you.

To David Barr. What is your companies name, or what company do you represent. Many companies have leased for production plays in the Sheridan county area for similar acreage.

I am represent our company -- yes there are many company's that have done this; we are a small independent, well backed and I thought this may be an avenue to find opportunities for all parties.

OUR company? Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but I don't understand. You are a licensed Landman and represent yourself.?

Mr. Barr,

If you wish to impress the good people of Sheridan County, start by being 100% transparent. If we want to dance we will go out to the bar.

I am with and represent our company -- no an exec within the company. Who are you with?

I am a person whose extended family holds mineral rights in Sheridan County. As a former proud resident of Sheridan County, I can assure you that straight talk goes a long way towards building the trust needed to do business in this area. As to who I am with, I am with IT. Are you?

Dan & Katharine Johnson....You hit the nail, right on the head!!! I laughed out loud this was so perfect.

Interesting comments; that goes both ways -- if you have properties to discuss or know of that is great and I would love to share more with someone;

Plenty of property....thanks for your interest though. Loren O'Toole Attorney has handled our leasing.

Time for some specialized Google research.....it's been great, Dan & Katherine. :)

Mr. Barr, you could share a little more right here. If the mineral owners you hope to contact are as secretive as you are being I can't see how you could ever make a deal. I doubt anyone takes landmen of faith after the past few years, or shouldn't anyway.

What is the NAME of your Company; the one you claim that you represent?

Comment by David Barr 58 minutes ago

I am with and represent our company -- no an exec within the company. Who are you with?

Mr. Barr,

Mr. Barr, We have a current and a top lease already in place. We made our deals with a reputable landman who did what he said he would do with no BS. I suspect you may be less than reputable or just a chain yanker. What a waste of time..............Bogus Barr's Land Speculators, LLC

He is in every state....Twilight Zone person.

I had a discussion on another forum with a landman who claimed he didn't want to divulge who he worked for because he thought someone would chime in and badmouth his company. I told him who I was where my acres up for lease were and these were my bonafides as a mineral owner, now who was he ? He relented and gave his company name, which was Sundance. I told him I have never heard anything bad about his company [ not an endorsement ] and nobody else slammed his company. I asked him "see how easy that was" ? He never sent me an offer but if he had I would have entertained it, but I wouldn't consider an offer from anyone who insisted in keeping up the secret agent landman act

My brothers and I have leased our mineral rights to a company. Our property is near Dagmar. Anyone know if there is active drilling going on in Sheridan County. We live a long way from Montana and need some eyes to report what is happening. I am also slightly concerned that leasing the mineral rights might have a negative impact on the people who live there. Is that a problem for locals?

Is the price of oil too low to encourage drilling companies to move rigs from ND to MT?
I have been told the fracking Bakken oil price per barrel is $20 below Brent crude or is it West Texas Intermediate? Anyway, is the price to low for them to come over here?

Regarding leasing, I’ve seen recommendations to negotiate directly with driller/operators that are in the region. My question is: how do you address them? Do they have their own Landmen? We have 200 acres ( mineral and surface) in Sheridan Cty. Township 34north, Range 52 East. There is road access, there is water, and there is a north-south pipeline running through, or very nearby, according to the MT pipeline map. Anyone have ant advice for us. All is appreciated. Thanks

Jake:

In regards to oil companies leasing, most utilize a lease brokerage firm who in turns does the extensive groundwork such as identifying the appropriate mineral owners and contacting them with lease proposals. If you know of an oil operator who is aggressively leasing an area, you could possibly contact that operators land dept. in regards to the marketing of your minerals. Again, you may be referred to a second party which is acutally doing the groundwork of leasing acreages on the operators behalf. These lease brokers have been given ceiling figures in regards to bonus amounts and % royalties that the operator is willing to pay for the lease. On the other hand, I have known operators who have landmen in their land dept. who in turn leases for their company. I have leased numerous time since 2004 and it has always been through a lease broker and not the actual operator. I will check your area in Sheridan County and inform you as what activity is currently occurring such as actual drilling, permitting, etc.