Sheridan County 6 32N 58E - Any new oil leases being done?

The oil lease ran out in July and Marathon Oil didn't pick up the extension. Now I'm wondering if any oil company is looking to lease the land. I have called around talking to TAQA and Empire Oil but no call backs. Anyone know a good broker/oil company thats looking for a lease?

Will:

I'm in T31N;R59E;Section 31; lease expires in December 2013, Marathon currently has a drilling permit on our area but talks with Marathon reveals no scheduled drilling in Sheridan this year. Don't know if Marathon has become worried about dedicating their rigs to the MT area when the production results are much better in the ND area. Currently, I am waiting to see if Marathon attempts to renew the lease and if not, I will let it expire and wait and keep abreast of the situation in both Sheridan and Roosevelt Counties. Enough wells have been drilled in the vicinity to get some interested parties to lease. Just take your time and study the whole picture before you sign on the dotted line. Don't forget, other smaller oil companies have been mentioned as interested in the MT area.

Will:

Looking at the GIS map, it appears that Whiting Oil and Gas has a vertical well in Section 6 (Nyby 1-6) producing from the Red River formation. Last report indicates 310 bbl/oil for May 2013.

Charles, what did you think of this recent post in the Daniels County, MT group?

Billy Bob Jim Bob said:

Rumor is from my sources connected to north Eastern mt is that the mother load has been uncovered in Sheridan county and the preparations are being made for a 1000 man man camp to move in.

Toby:

Note the first word in the post.........."rumor"......Hope it is somewhat true but until I see actual proof, drilling, etc. in the area, I will sit back and watch and try to not get overly excited. On the other hand, I have said for years that the Eastern MT area may hold many surprises as the area has been virtually untouched since the onset of the horizontal drilling. Keep me posted.

Toby said:

Charles, what did you think of this recent post in the Daniels County, MT group?

Billy Bob Jim Bob said:

Rumor is from my sources connected to north Eastern mt is that the mother load has been uncovered in Sheridan county and the preparations are being made for a 1000 man man camp to move in.