Shared royalty

We have a new "notice of Intent" to drill where the location is near center of 4 quarters of different ownership BUT all the ground disturbance is on OUR land. When the royalty is divided shouldn't we get a slightly larger percentage because of the ground disturbance and the land taken out of production because of the well and tank battery?


In general, the surface area disturbance including roads, equipment, etc. is a matter between the surface owner and the oil operator. The mineral owners in the spacing unit will receive the amounts stipulated in their individual lease agreements.


State? If you own the surface, there should have been surface damage provisions in your lease.

Western Kansas - yes surface damage provisions on lease but only for the temporary work during drilling. Not a great area after drilling but was wondering about the production loss.

What is the distance from another ownership where the royalty has to be shared?