Shale oil

Wow… These guys sure are throwing money around. They just donated 50g to a little girl with cancer at octane addictions at metra in billings.

Where do you think all this money comes from, or better yet, where they plan to recoup this money ?

Are you guys seriously implying there's something wrong with that? I think it's great that they're donating money in the community where they work!

How in the world does that relate to anything bad......They're a business and of course they need to make $ to have a business..... Would you have said the same thing if it had been Wal-Mart donating money? Is there a story some of us are missing that makes this notable?

Maybe it's late and I'm taking the comments the wrong way, but it's reactions like these that give mineral owners a bad name...

r w kennedy said:

Where do you think all this money comes from, or better yet, where they plan to recoup this money ?

Mineral guy, I would have been impressed if Shale makes a donation after everything is leased and held when there was nothing to be gained. Iphones and medical donations are just buying publicity at this point. Maybe you don't have the experience I have with oil companies ? Gullibility has already given mineral owners a bad name. Mineral guy, would you please tell me just how many oil companies you have dealt with ? Have you ever had an oil company try to obtain your oil by illegal means ? Have you ever had an oil company pump your oil for years and not pay you ? I can't believe that you know oil companies as I do.

R. W.,

I agree with your statement 100%. Sounds like the things that BP or Chesapeake does to win the mineral owners favor and then steal from them.

Clint Liles

Mineral guy....I was happy that the little girl was blessed by this. Pretty cool deal.

However... "Careful thou doth not protest too much"....you are giving yourself away.

RW: I think shale knows something we don't and that is the big players are about to move in. I think NE of Scobey is the next big play. Shale is leasing as much as possible in anticipation of this and they are gonna play the big flip. For how much they have spent in this area I doubt that they are just blindly leasing land while keeping their fingers crossed in the hopes that they might get a return on their investment. In my mind there has got to be some science behind Shales flurry of leasing. Remember, in ND minerals have leased for as much as 10g an acre in places. I think this is what Shale is betting on....

Sam Tallis of Shale exploration wrote out a check for 20 g's to the women and family shelter in Billings, MT over Mother's day. He was sitting in Stella's on Mother's day thinking of his own mother and saw the shelter. Walked over and wrote out a check. The Billings Gazette did the story

Nothing to be gained? If there wasn't anything to be gained in ND and MT, there wouldn't be an oil rush and your minerals wouldn't be worth the dirt they're under.

I understand you were treated unfairly, but a bad apple doesn't make the industry bad.

...I don't keep count, but I've probably worked with hundreds oil companies over the years......

r w kennedy said:

Mineral guy, I would have been impressed if Shale makes a donation after everything is leased and held when there was nothing to be gained. Iphones and medical donations are just buying publicity at this point. Maybe you don't have the experience I have with oil companies ? Gullibility has already given mineral owners a bad name. Mineral guy, would you please tell me just how many oil companies you have dealt with ? Have you ever had an oil company try to obtain your oil by illegal means ? Have you ever had an oil company pump your oil for years and not pay you ? I can't believe that you know oil companies as I do.

Wow if you had done more than skim what I said, you may not have posted and I wouldn't be answering you. I said and I guess I will quote myself " I would have been impressed if Shale had made a donation AFTER EVERYTHING WAS LEASED AND HELD, when there was nothing to be gained " [ emphasis mine ]. It was there, you know ? In the first sentence ? Just before the part you decided to take out of context ? Mineral Guy, from all of the oil companies I have dealt with, I'm still looking for one good apple.

Mineral Guy said:

Nothing to be gained? If there wasn't anything to be gained in ND and MT, there wouldn't be an oil rush and your minerals wouldn't be worth the dirt they're under.

I understand you were treated unfairly, but a bad apple doesn't make the industry bad.

...I don't keep count, but I've probably worked with hundreds oil companies over the years......

r w kennedy said: