Shale Explorfation, LLC

My family was also approached with a offer of a mineral rights lease in Daniels County. We are unable to find any information about this company. Are there other Oil Companies interested in leasing mineral rights in this Daniels County?

Armstrong Operating, Inc. just filed for a drilling permit (T34-R46 sec 7) in Daniels County. I don’t know if they are actively leasing. However you may want to give them a call. I show this company is located in Dickinson, ND 701-227-0811. Good Luck

Almost 2 years ago we were approached by a broker out of Denver CO to lease the property we have mineral rights to in Daniels County, MT. The property is in the area of (34N-R48 & 49). We ended up leasing the property to DJ Resources LLC (303-759-5019). It was a 5-year lease but to date nothing happening as far as we know.

Harold: I was approached about that time too by DJ, but there were some ownership questions I had to clear up first.What bonus and royalty did you negotiate?

Harold Becker said:

Almost 2 years ago we were approached by a broker out of Denver CO to lease the property we have mineral rights to in Daniels County, MT. The property is in the area of (34N-R48 & 49). We ended up leasing the property to DJ Resources LLC (303-759-5019). It was a 5-year lease but to date nothing happening as far as we know.

Seward, we ended up with with a bonus of only $27.50/acre with a royalty of 14.5%. It was the only offer at the time, and we wanted to get the clock running. We did review the lease with an expert in the field, a friend in the oil business in North Dakota, and he said that rate could go up if we waited, but at the time there really wasn’t much going on in Daniels, County. I am going to check today with DJ Resources to see if anything is happening. If nothing happens in the next three years, we will try to find someone else at that time.

Has anyone in this group or anyone else you know received any money from Shale Exploration?

Hi John,

Did you end up signing with Shale? We decided to hold out and we are in the process of negotiating a deal with another company. According to Shale, they have 80% of Daniels County under contract, so we shall see how this pans out.

John, Greg, et al: 80% of Daniels County leased!? Roughly half of Daniels County is in the Bakken. Roughly 713 square miles. At 640 acres to the sq. mi. and $150 per acre, that’s about 56.7 million dollars. I’m doing this in my head, so it it subject to correction. Has anyone seen evidence of that kind of money in the County? New cars, trucks motor ,homes, equipment. Didn’t think so. Premier Energy has at least 20, 000 ac in eastern Daniels, US energy another 20,000. These a PUBLICLY traded companies whose info is easily found I am sure there are others. SDC told me 2 years ago my biggest problem would be counting my money if I leased with them at $150/acre. Anyone know where they are now? I signed with another company whose numbers I had some confidence in. Less bonus, but they have in fact been leasing there for at least 2 years and have said they will commence drilling in Daniels County in 2012. Spend some time on the internet and at least do some personal due diligence. Just my thoughts

Greg Bentley said:

Hi John,

Did you end up signing with Shale? We decided to hold out and we are in the process of negotiating a deal with another company. According to Shale, they have 80% of Daniels County under contract, so we shall see how this pans out.

Hi Seward,

I live on the East Coast, so I don't know if the money has shown up yet. I was advised by a sales rep with Shale that they had 80% of the county signed, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. I was not at all comfortable with the folks I spoke with at Shale and a friend of ours recommended we seek out a larger company. We just had a 3D seismic survey done on our property and the results surpassed our expectations, so we are hoping for a large bonus.

I think you are on the right track. I’m on the east coast also. What township range and section is your property located? I would like to compare its proximity to ours. Thank you.

Greg Bentley said:

Hi Seward,

I live on the East Coast, so I don't know if the money has shown up yet. I was advised by a sales rep with Shale that they had 80% of the county signed, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. I was not at all comfortable with the folks I spoke with at Shale and a friend of ours recommended we seek out a larger company. We just had a 3D seismic survey done on our property and the results surpassed our expectations, so we are hoping for a large bonus.

My name is Frank D. May, Landman for Shale Exploration, LLC. We have a web site @ www.shaleexploration.com

We have an office in Scobey, Mt at 214 Main Street in the Daniels County leader Newspaper building in addition to an office @ 777 Main St Suite 31st Floor at the Catrer Burgess Plaza in Fort Worth, Texas 76102.

We have currently under lease to close in access of 100,000 acres plus we have closed and funded in access of 20,000 acres with the Sate of Montana and private mineral leases.

Contact the State of Montana or go online and you will seee that Shale exploration has closed on State leases. Also, if you follow our web site: www.shaleexploration.com, plus follow the Daniels County Leader newspaper this will keep you inform of our leasing progress and closings.

Frank May

Landman

Shale Exploration, LLC