Shale Exploration

Is anyone aware of any lease payments being received from Shales Exploration.

I think you might want to be more specific in your inquiry.

My family has been approched by Shale Exploration in Daniels County Montana and we are leary of their proposal due to the fact that we can't locate any information on the firm out side of the fact that the firm was created 2 weeks prior to receiving the lease in the mail.

David:

First, I have never heard of Shale Exploration but with the increased activity in the Montana area, I'm sure this company won't be the only new ones on the block. If they sent you a proposal that you are satified with, I would continue the negotiation process but I would only accept a check and not a bank draft in order to eliminate the problem of being "cold drafted". I'm wondering if this company is a lease broker who is leasing for a specific operator. I would research this matter and if they are a lease broker, learn who they are working for if they will give out this information. The main thing is to get a good lease and get the money in your pocket before the deal is sealed.

David L Backus said:

My family has been approched by Shale Exploration in Daniels County Montana and we are leary of their proposal due to the fact that we can't locate any information on the firm out side of the fact that the firm was created 2 weeks prior to receiving the lease in the mail.