Settlement CK- Strack vs CLR

Just received check from CLR from this settlement. Never thought I’d see the day!

Is this for the Strack well in Blaine County?

I’m not sure. I think this affected many wells. I do direct deposit and there was not any info regarding which wells were involved. It was more than I ever expected. Most of my ownership is in Stephens, Grady, and Garvin counties. I think the original lawsuit started in 2012. Google Strack vs CLR and you might find more info.

Anyone else find it strange that the settlement payment came from Continental Resources rather than a settlement administrator? A first for me…

Christine: As I recall the settlement, the operators are to calculate the amounts and pay them to the royalty owners. I wrote to CRL requesting the details of how the amount was determined. I had a no deductions clause without the sweetener.

Hi Jim, the deduction reimbursement is not expected until the last quarter of 2019. The first phase was basically settlement for other claims. I have spoken to the plaintiff’s attorney and told we will be repaid for “gathering” deductions plus interest and the deductions will cease. As a lawyer I’m sure you know this is full of a lot of if, ands and buts and so-on and so forths. So I have no clear picture of who gets what. Have you read the settlement? I’m hoping our no-deduct clauses will entitle us to the reimbursements.

Hutch: I tried to read the settlement document, but my 88-year old brain gave up on me. I guess CLR is postponing the payment while they dig through the lease terms. I have several leases with CLR, one is a clean no-deduction lease (learned a lot from the others) the rest have that improvement of marketability nonsense. BTW, I just today received your post of Sept 18. That is why my response is so late. Jim

Jim, my post was sent last night, I’m the one that’s late. Just got back on the forum after a long absence.

Yeah, Hutch, I think I saw the date on my post that you were replying to. Um. “To which you were replying”. A preposition should not be used to end a sentence with.

Your “Old brain” still knows it’s grammar!

Yup. “It’s not correct to use the contraction when the adjective “its” is intended.” Or maybe your spell check gotcha like mine just did…changed its to read it’s. I had to go back and correct the correction. Damned speelchuck! Jim

Hutch…your back! I find the site a bit difficult but I’m still out here. Glad you’re back!

Hi Jen, nice to hear from you, hope all is good with you. I’m still hoping for some more action in 2n/4w but Springboard (or whatever) seems to be the big thing right now.