Selling mineral rights in McClain county OK

Received an offer from Buffalo Bayou Resources out of Houston Texas to purchase Mc Clain County Section 6 T9N-R4W - Has anyone heard of them and what are the mineral rights in this section selling for. Any information is appreciated as I am new to this forum. Thank you

Buffalo Bayou is apparently a small Texas firm trying to buy rights. Several companies, including them, have offered $8000/nma in McClain recently. (A bit low we think.). Just FYI

Thank you for the information - we are looking to sell - we are in Illinois - inherited from father’s uncle many years ago.

I too received an offer from Buffalo Bayou- but am in Sec 31,10N,4W. For mine they were offering significantly more. I found them to be really pushy and with each contact the offer increased. So should you opt to deal with them- do not be shy on asking reasonable price.

Debbie - thanks for the info - they are offering more but I wanted to find out if they are reputable. We are sooo new to this.

Also can anyone give me an idea of what is a resonable price per acre.

For those of you in 6 & 7-9N-4W, you may have pending horizontal royalties from several wells, so check into that before you sell or you will lose them in the sale. Look them up on the OCC well record site. The Warhawk wells go from 7 north into 6 and 31. The Nighthawk wells go from 7 south into 18. Be aware of lowball offers…

The Warhawk wells go into 31-10N-4W, hence the similar offer.

I received an offer several days ago from BCF Minerals. It was the usual amount of $5,000-$10,000 an acre. Did a quick search on them and found they were listed on this forum a few years ago. Apparently the people turned them down right away and they upped the offer immediately. Not selling at this time but I always have hope that it means something is a stirring. Like a second well or such.

Which section, township and range? I ignore their offers as well, but they usually are a “good canary in the mine”.

The last I checked- no production numbers yet on first Warhawk well either on OCC or Ok Tax Commission websites. I too would personally want to have a clue on production before I pondered striking a sale of minerals-

My section is 25 06N 04W. Which I am receiving royalties from being part of the Whetstone well. With having such little acreage always hoping for additional wells. Or even a pipeline that would go through my section. Since I also own the surface rights, but hasn’t ever done anything for me.

Would that be part of Section 6 7N 4W? Just curious if there’s any additional wells being drilled?

25-6N-4W is about eight miles away from 6-7N-4W.