Sell or Hold?

Our family has been a 100+ year owner of mineral rights in Beckham county,

Beckham County holdings

120 Acres section 15-9 N 22 W

40 Acres section 10-9-N 22 W

a large % of those years we've had leases. Wells have been drilled, gas has been found but quickly capped. All my kinfolk that had knowledge of the oil and gas industry has passed, leaving me to feel less than prepared to know what I should do with these rights. Our last lease ran out about 1.5 yrs ago, my hunch is that due to fracking they're no longer interested in our deep natural gas. Could I be correct? Should I consider selling or holding? Any knowledgable input would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards;

mike

Mike if you are in dire need of funds you might sell 25% if you own 100% of the minerals. Beckham County seems to be one of the hot spots in your area of Oklahoma . If no Horizontal wells have been drilled on your acreage I would not sell any of my minerals, because oil companies are drilling deeper formations these days. I wish you the best of luck with your acreage. Clif Liles

Not in any dire need, but it seems as though with all this fracking going on the deep stuff has come to a halt in favor of the vast and easy frack!

Hello Mike,

I checked Completion Reports for Beckham County for Jan. 1, 2013 thru Oct. 25, 2013. 30 completion reports and every one was for dual producer/oil and gas wells and most were darn good ones. They are producing from several formations including the Granite Wash, Hoxbar, Des Moines, and Virgil. These producers/oil companies in Beckham County aren't just drilling for gas. If these were my minerals I certainly wouldn't be selling.

Am posting a link to an exceptional well for Beckham County. Certainly not all are like this but Beckham County is definitely a good county to have minerals in.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD0D791.pdf

Clint Liles

Thanks Clint, it is very interesting and encouraging to see this good activity.

Clint Liles said:

Hello Mike,

I checked Completion Reports for Beckham County for Jan. 1, 2013 thru Oct. 25, 2013. 30 completion reports and every one was for dual producer/oil and gas wells and most were darn good ones. They are producing from several formations including the Granite Wash, Hoxbar, Des Moines, and Virgil. These producers/oil companies in Beckham County aren't just drilling for gas. If these were my minerals I certainly wouldn't be selling.

Am posting a link to an exceptional well for Beckham County. Certainly not all are like this but Beckham County is definitely a good county to have minerals in.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD0D791.pdf

Clint Liles

Please feel free to contact me for advice/insight or friend request (whichever is required). Regards, Travis

Hello again Travis,

Just received a lease offer in C S/2 NW/4 of section 15-9N-22W from a company that I cannot find any information on, can you help?

Company name reads: Landrun Exploration, LLC on behalf of Dryes Corner LLC.

I've searched all the databases that I know of and Googled these company names and found nothing.

Thank you in advance for any information that you can share!

mike bennett

"Fracking" is not dead yet, and thus deep natural gas from horizontal wells will continue to be produced. You are a bit "south" of the prolific activity in Beckham actually, so I wouldn't expect too much from this area until gas prices rise substantially again, and then only if economically-feasible producing wells are completed nearby. I own minerals in this township and they haven't been leased in many years so you are lucky that yours are further north than mine.

Sell all of them? I would think not. Sell some of them? Perhaps, though until gas prices and thus activity in the area rises substantially you are not going to get much for them. Maybe a few hundred bucks an acre? I don't see this area becoming prolific in the foreseeable future though, so if you did sell I guess the advantage would be you could put the money from the sale to work somewhere else where it might actually grow. Tough decision though perhaps for you though, since apparently you've been able to keep them leased over the years, and thus they are producing income occasionally at least, even without good and steady production.

Hope this helps you out!

Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL