Seismographic 3d survey - Atascosa County

I recently recieved a letter from a company that wants to do a seismographic survey on my land. Our land falls in their survey area. We are located near Christine, TX off of FM140 and HWY 16. I am a surface owner or at least I don't think I own any of the minerals. They are offering $15 per acre to do this. Should I go for this or hold out for more money? What is the scope of their work? Will they tear up my place? Any help would be appreciated.

Ronnie:

I have read that $25 is the going rate in many areas in Texas. In regards to damages, etc., I am not familiar with any past experiences by surface owners after a seismic shoot. I would have detailed paperwork signed in the event of surface damages.

Charles:

Thanks for the information. I have heard $25 from aother people as well. I will see if I can negotiate that rate. You say detailed paperwork, is that from the survey company? I talked to them and they said they were going to have to use a hydro-ax thing to clear brush. This is my main concern. Should they state in a letter what they are going to do?

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Ronnie:
I was referring to paperwork that addresses any damages to your property and the guidelines on which settelments would be conducted. If you request a detailed work sheet in regards to the procedures to be used, that would be up to you.

Ronnie Lorenz said:

Charles:

Thanks for the information. I have heard $25 from aother people as well. I will see if I can negotiate that rate. You say detailed paperwork, is that from the survey company? I talked to them and they said they were going to have to use a hydro-ax thing to clear brush. This is my main concern. Should they state in a letter what they are going to do?

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Charles:

Thanks for the information. You have been very helpful in this process.

Ronnie

Rates $30-40/ac common in EF. is this Global doing the seismic?

cmoss:

No it is Seitel Data. They are out of Beeville or at least this office is.

I got $30 per acre in LaSalle county. Have an attorney review the contract. The contract they give you is a joke.

M16:
Thanks for the info. I have gone back to them with that very number $30. I haven't heard back from them yet. We shall see. Thanks for the input.

Update on Seitel Data:

talked to them about the $30 per acre and damages for each acre cleared and their response was, "Thanks, but no thanks." They feel that the $15 per acre is a premium price for what they do.