Seismic Testing

I have heard that there will be some seismic testing taking place south of Calument Oklahoma this summer, has anyone heard this? If they are doing seismic testing where we own minerals does this mean they may drill another well in our section?

The last seismic testing I have heard of has been SW and West of Okarche, but yes that is typically what it means is they may be wanting to drill.

At the last Mineral Owners meeting in Canadian county they showed an example of a fault line that ran through a section in SE Oklahoma that they had to gain special permission to drill from the North and South sides up to the fault line. I wish I had a copy of the slide to show you. It was interesting.

Hey Darrin, you mentioned in your reply a mineral owners meeting in Canadian County. What organization sponsered that meeting? Do they hold regular meetings?

Darrin Bailey said:

The last seismic testing I have heard of has been SW and West of Okarche, but yes that is typically what it means is they may be wanting to drill.

At the last Mineral Owners meeting in Canadian county they showed an example of a fault line that ran through a section in SE Oklahoma that they had to gain special permission to drill from the North and South sides up to the fault line. I wish I had a copy of the slide to show you. It was interesting.

They typically have at least one meeting per year. The name of the organization is Canadian County Mineral Owners Assn., Inc. The Secretary is Brad Tipton, which is also an employee at the Canadian County OSU Extension office in El Reno. 405-262-0155 M-F 8am - 4:30pm

Thanks, I will give him a call.

Darrin Bailey said:

They typically have at least one meeting per year. The name of the organization is Canadian County Mineral Owners Assn., Inc. The Secretary is Brad Tipton, which is also an employee at the Canadian County OSU Extension office in El Reno. 405-262-0155 M-F 8am - 4:30pm