Seismic Surveying

I recently received a request from a seismic survey company requesting permission to enter our property (residential subdivision lot) to conduct seismic surveying operations. Have any of you property owners have experience with something like this? What will they do if you give them permission? Honestly, the amount of payment they are offering is not worth my time to fill out their paperwork... I live in TX and they are most likely doing this for Eagle Ford shale exploration but I am not sure about that. Just wondering if any of you have experience with this. Thanks in advance for sharing any info.

Where are you located in TX?

Pat:

There are lot's of good replies on this topic which is located on this forum. Instead of trying to describe the types of seismic tests and what you, as a surface owner, should be aware, I suggest that you click on "Forums" above and google "seismic tests" in the box at the top of the page. This will display past discussions on this topic.

Pat, I would say just ignore it, they will do the seismic anyway but if you have not signed a contract with them you have the maximum rights should anything be damaged. Most likely they will just lay sensor lines on the street. I learned my lesson some time ago to not sign any contract that does not even pay enough to have your lawyer read it, your time to negotiate any changes for your own protection and something left over for you when all is said and done.

Thanks... great suggestion. I'll do that.

Pat

charles s mallory said:

Pat:

There are lot's of good replies on this topic which is located on this forum. Instead of trying to describe the types of seismic tests and what you, as a surface owner, should be aware, I suggest that you click on "Forums" above and google "seismic tests" in the box at the top of the page. This will display past discussions on this topic.

RW,

Great advice. Thanks!

Pat
r w kennedy said:

Pat, I would say just ignore it, they will do the seismic anyway but if you have not signed a contract with them you have the maximum rights should anything be damaged. Most likely they will just lay sensor lines on the street. I learned my lesson some time ago to not sign any contract that does not even pay enough to have your lawyer read it, your time to negotiate any changes for your own protection and something left over for you when all is said and done.