Seismic survey rate to landowner?

Been offered $15 per acre for seismic survey on surface owned land. Is that a fair price?
It is in a proven area. It’s 3D.

Thanks.

Dear Mr. Cox,

In my area of SE Texas, the going rate for surface damages is $25.00 per acre.

$25 is certainly better than $15. This parcel is located in Panola County…a natural gas area. The parcel also has a number of undivided interests in it. Thanks for the info.

In Alberta the Average is around $1,200/mile so maybe about $1,000/acre. But it can be negotiated for a lot more with access roads, per shot bonus, and other things.

In NB it’s $200/km - so significantly less!

Just signed for 20/acre in Gonzales county.

Do your seismic agreements call for information to be shared with mineral/surface owner? Our rate in Eagle Ford Shale seems to be around $25.00/acre.

What part of the country are you located? I haven't been offered over $10 and they told to take it or leave it.

The next company offered me $5 and I found that to be an insult, so I wrote them back and told them the going rate is $15, they offered $10. This is in Noble and Logan co, Oklahoma. Has anyone got more?

Does anyone know how much damage a seismic that drills 3 inch holes can do? They want to pay a very low rate and can't wait till the wheat is off in June. Since I have my land rented, I can't let them damage the wheat, yet they are telling me they don't have to pay anything as Oklahoma laws lets them seismic the property.

The 3 inch holes require a machine. Usually they are required to pay compensation for damage, even if nothing else. Also the size of the charge is important too. You can lose a water well depending on the geology, the size of the charge, and the proximity to the well.

We lost wells here and I know lots of other wells lost to seismic too. Good Luck.

What is the going Rate in Lea county New Mexico??? I have been offered 10.00 per acre

How about $$ in eastern MT? We were offered $15 and told them to keep looking.