Seismic shoot in Smith County, TX

We received an offer from a seismic firm to do a 2-D shoot across our acreage in northeastern Smith County, Texas.

Is payment per hole or per acre the norm in Smith County?

If payment is customarily per hole, is the proferred $25 per hole too low or the going rate?

If per acre, what is the going rate?

JMD

Josiah:

The last bit of information regarding payments for seismic work was $25/acre. Where in northeastern Smith County is this project taking place? I own some mineral acreage northeast of the Lindale area where several wells were drilled many years ago.

Charles, this is on the northwest edge of the village of Mt. Sylvan, basically bounded by St. Hwy 110, C.R. 437, and C.R. 434.

Thanks for the info. We will say ok to the $25, but PER ACRE, not PER HOLE.

Josiah Daniel

charles s mallory said:

Josiah:

The last bit of information regarding payments for seismic work was $25/acre. Where in northeastern Smith County is this project taking place? I own some mineral acreage northeast of the Lindale area where several wells were drilled many years ago.

Josiah:

I know exactly the area you are referring to in the Mt. Sylvan area. There are several old verticle wells in that immediate area, both oil and gas. I believe that area tends to be more a gas field than oil field. There has been no drilling in that area for 20 plus years (I would guess). Maybe, with today's advanced technology, they see a zone that would fit the criteria of a horizontal drill.

Charles, this is on the northwest edge of the village of Mt. Sylvan, basically bounded by St. Hwy 110, C.R. 437, and C.R. 434.

Thanks for the info. We will say ok to the $25, but PER ACRE, not PER HOLE.

Josiah Daniel

charles s mallory said:

Josiah:

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Do you own only surface, only mineral, or all surface and a portion of the minerals?

Do they want only a permit or a permit and option?

Is this a spec shoot or do they have a client footing the bill?

Why is it 2D? That misses too much. Ask them why 2D.