Seeking Advice to Update an Interest Based on Will in TX


I have been going through the mounds of paperwork after our family inherited mineral rights in Texas. The original will stipulated that each of the interests were to be equally split between the family and another selected entity. We have found that one of the interests was never split (the death was decades ago) and it still has the deceased owner’s name on the record. This interest is in Johnson County in Texas.

I am new to all of this and am trying to figure out how to update this interest so that it is split correctly based on the stipulations in the will. Is it just a matter of submitting something in writing to the Johnson County Courthouse as well as the operator of the well or should something else be done?