Securing Local Help--Yoakum County

I’m soooo out of my element here. I am administrator for my recently deceased husband’s estate. His “estate” includes ownership of mineral rights in Yoakum County. All his personal property went to a Trust. … problem being, his Rev. Trust is filed in D.C., not in TX. So, I know there is a process involved to name notify the county about his death and subsequently to get the title on these rights changed to that of his rightful heir, our daughter. I need a reliable local attorney, I believe, or a knowledgeable and dependable landman, who can assist me in filing all the right papers in the right order and in the right place for this change of ownership to be properly recorded. The mineral property is not currently in production, so there are no royalties currently being paid; therefore, I don’t want to spend a ton of money having this property conveyed to our daughter. What is a good ‘go-to’ place to obtain this assistance in Yoakum County. Is there a directory of mineral rights attorneys or landmen who do this sort of thing or who might be willing to guide me in filing the necessary papers? Any help is appreciated.

Annette McLane

There are several attorneys listed in the Directories tab above. The attorney does not have to be in Yoakum county, just registered to practice law in TX.

Excellent. I had not noticed. Obviously, I’m new here, so I appreciate the gentle guidance.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.