Section 7-T3W-R4W lease information

I am asking for information on the above Section of Stephens County. I lived in Houston until recently and have moved to Tulsa. I was contacted by L. E. Jones Production Co. about 2.5 acres that I inherited and have tried to contact them four times with no success. Does anyone have any information about any activity in the section? Earl Putty

Earl, is that Township 3 North Range 4 West?

Ann, the information I have is S/2 S/2 NE/4 of Section 7-T3S-R4w and N/2 NE/4 and N/2 S/2 NE/4 of section 7-T3S-R4W. None of this means any thing to me, I don't understand it. The County Clerk's office told me that they dan not give me any information and that I need to contact an attorney, but I would like more information before I do that. Thank you for responding.

Earl, from what I see online, there has been several leases signed in 3S-4W. The larger bonuses are further to the east where they are getting 650-2000 an acre. The sections immediately around you (18-17) got 250ish. I would think you could do a bit better if you wait for pooling but??? Good luck.

Ann, I don't know the answer to your question, I have no experience with these designations so am at a loss as to where they are located.

Thank you Kirk, I'm still trying to figure out the locations of my property.

Kirk Bloomquist said:

Earl, from what I see online, there has been several leases signed in 3S-4W. The larger bonuses are further to the east where they are getting 650-2000 an acre. The sections immediately around you (18-17) got 250ish. I would think you could do a bit better if you wait for pooling but??? Good luck.

Kirk, thank you for the info, still trying to figure out the location of my mineral rights property. I know nothing about Stephens county.

Earl, the information you provided is sufficient to locate your minerals. Now it sounds like you need to locate the firm that wanted to lease. When you find them and get a lease offer run it by the forum and we can let you know about percentages and clause language that might be beneficial.

Earl, are you wanting to know the exact location of your minerals so you can drive to the site?

Just a general location, N, S, E, W, is a city or town near by.

Your minerals are about 2 miles SE of Loco, OK ;>) I'm not putting you on, there really is a Loco, OK.

Specifically: From I-35 by Davis, OK, exit Hwy. 7 West.

Right after the community of County Line, turn South on Hwy 89. After about 9.5 miles turn Right (West) on Hwy 53. Take 53 for 3 miles and you will be at the NE corner of Section 7.

Thank you for the information, I do appreciate it very much. I do intend to visit at some time in the future so this will help me find the place. I was born in Muskogee but have spent little time in this part of Oklahoma.

Ann Whitchurch said:

Your minerals are about 2 miles SE of Loco, OK ;>) I'm not putting you on, there really is a Loco, OK.

Specifically: From I-35 by Davis, OK, exit Hwy. 7 West.

Right after the community of County Line, turn South on Hwy 89. After about 9.5 miles turn Right (West) on Hwy 53. Take 53 for 3 miles and you will be at the NE corner of Section 7.

Earl, I just sent you a friend request. If you will accept it then send me your email address, I'll scan a map and email it to you.

My email address is gputty1@cox.net, I've been busy with refinancing my home and have not paid much attention to this. Sorry to take so long in replying.

Earl, I am attaching a township and range map of Stephens County so you can locate your acreage. Look in the lower right hand corner right under the C in Loco.

1427-StephensCountyMap.pdf (392 KB)