Section 6 & 7 Township 6 North

Hello, new to this site. I am a mineral owner in Grady County, born at Grady Co. hospital. Sections 6 and 7 Township 6 North Range 5 West of the IM, Grady County Oklahoma. Marathon has plans for a Multiunit on the property but I keep getting Notice of Continuance. Does anyone know when Marathon might actually move forward with this drilling program? Some information they sent out a few years back had these three wells going some 15,000 ft deep.

Welcome to the forum! Marathon has the Wheeler 1-6XH already on production from 2016.

The approval for the increased density was given in 2020, but drilling was delayed due to the price drop in 2020. They were granted an additional year for the four wells through April 23, 2022. Order 717293

Location exceptions were granted for Tidua 0605 2-6-7MXH , Wheeler 3-6-7MXH, Wheeler 0605 4-6-7WXH, Wheeler 5-6-7WXH surface locations in section 6. All in March 2021. I do not see permits yet, but that is the next step.

It doesn’t appear that these oil companies see any advantage in letting anyone know their plans…

It seems the best info is seeing a rig on the site. But asking here may get a response from someone that has driven by. The real question is what is the price of WTI doing? It seems to me the companies are waiting and watching rightnow ???

The companies are being very cautious as they come back from the price drop in 2020. Most of them have to live within their cash flow, so are going slowly. They can clear a site, but they cannot drill without filing a permit, so watch for that.

Ms. Barnes- that is not correct. Anybody can drill a well in Oklahoma without a permit. They may not be able to produce and they may spend a lot of money for nothing but there is nothing to prevent me from going in my back yard & drilling a well to the center of the earth.

Thank you for the correction. The normal sequence for prudent operators who would like to produce would be to file a permit.

Marathon is an experienced company, so will probably follow the normal procedure should they decide to keep moving ahead.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.