Section 4-12N-7W

Camino Natural Resources, LLC is wanting to lease my mineral rights and they are moving toward forced pooling.

Also, Paloma Partners IV, LLC, a Delaware LLC, wanting to purchase a Surface & Subsurface Easement for a drilling pad.

Been advised to hire an attorney. Anyone know a good attorney that specializes in the above and/or have access to current sample contracts thereof?

Leasing allows you to include provisions such as no-deduction clauses, depth clauses, etc. Pooling is a way to force those who have not leased to participate through bonus and royalties. Which is a better result to you is very subjective with each having its pros and cons.

The Surface and subsurface easement can be a golden opportunity. In such a situation you may be able to negotiate a payment plus an overriding royalty interest. At least that is what I would look when advising clients. I imagine that they are looking to drill a horizontal well to produce minerals from an adjoining section and spacing unit.

You may try attorney Harlan Hentges, 405.340.6554 has lots of experience with easement issues.

Thank you, I will file info, but the oil company has withdrawn offer. However, with crude up so much overnight, they may be back.