Section 37, Block 27 Winkler

Is anyone aware of any activity going on in Winkler County Section 37, Block 9?

I find no Block 9 in Winkler County by using the GIS Viewer. https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer/

My bad. I meant Section 37, Block 27.

Hi Clint,

Your advice and experience are always helpful … thanks!

Can you please explain the relationship of Winkler county “blocks” and/or compare with notations used in Lea County New Mexico right across the border from Winkler County Texas. We own very small interests in Sections 5 and 6 in Block C-23-- which seem to be duplicated somehow in Winkler county, which carry different survey numbers. Could this be because they are scrunched up against the state and county lines of both New Mexico and Texas.

Any advice on how TRCC now determines and manages “blocks” such as these, which probably date back somehow to Mexico’s ownership before the Louisiana Purchase?

My guess is that U.S. surveyors have adapted the original surveys that were done by the government of Mexico, using the “vara” as a measurement and later converted to sections and blocks. But I have no idea how,when, and why the “blocks” came into the measurement system. Any clues or sources would be appreciated. (Many years ago I helped survey some land near the East Texas Arkansas border, where all the maps were still in “varas”, which I never understood…Then we helped convert to 'linknd rods" which then were used until Texas later adopted the current system. I can easily imagine how the borders of the surrounding counties and states were hard to figure, especiallywhen their borders were rivers (such as Red River or Rio Grande) or the vast western plains of Texas and New Mexico.

If there are sources or discussions on the Forum, please advise.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 11:16 AM Clint_Liles via Mineral Rights Forum <noreply@www.mineralrightsforum.com> wrote:

I find no Block 9 in Winkler County by using the GIS Viewer. https://gis.rrc.texas.gov/gisviewer/

Visit Topic to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

From our sponsor: Honest and timely mineral buying - Aspen Grove Royalty

|1pxx1px

Jim Bemis

Winkler County Section 37/Block 27/A-1538

At this time I see no activity in Section 37 or nearby. There are some very decent Phantom(Wolfcamp )horizontal oil/gas combination wells to the West, Northwest and Southwest of your minerals. Some of the producers in the area are Mewbourne Oil Company, WPX Energy and Percussion Petroleum.

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Thanks again Clint. Helpful as usual.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.