Section 35 township 14 north range 15 west

I received a letter from an attorney today advising Toklan is going before the corporation commission to vacate the 640 acre spacing and establish a 1280 acre spacing. There is a well currently on the section that has been producing since 1980 . I get about $30 a year off of it and I have 8.33 acres of minerals. I have questions and thought I would ask here

1. Have they already decided they are going to horizontal drill? Would they be doing this in case they decided to do it in the future even though there are no plans at this time?
  2. If they are wanting to drill, what is the turnaround time from this to a derrick being put up?
  3. Would they use the same pad as the current well? It is not exactly in the corner of the quarter but not far from it.
  4. What direction would they go if they drill? Would they go south or west?
  5. There is a well that was put in fairly recently about a 1/4 mile to the west but they drilled north. Would this affect anything?

I also got a letter at the same time wanting these minerals and my other minerals in 1-14N-16W. I have 6.67 acres here. They are offering $2500 for them. Continental Resources leased them twice and built the pad. They never drilled and now there is wind turbine 1/4 mile from the pad.

1. Would you sell?
  2. Do you think Continental would and these minerals again and eventually drill?

I am sure I will come up with another 12 questions but will stop here.

1. Most likely they have decided to drill a horizontal well or they wouldn’t waste their time and money on a court hearing. No guarantees, but probably their current plan in the “near” future.
  2. They still have quite a few other court cases that would come after this one, so many months. If your name and address are properly filed in the county courthouse in Custer with a description of your minerals, then you will get mailed copies of the court cases and will know what is about to happen.
  3. Perhaps not. Aren’t you already getting paid on the Citizen Energy South Thomas 1H-26-35? It was drilled in 2019 from a location in 23 south into 26 & 35. Remains to be seen if this area is going to be the infill from that well. If so, the pads may be in 23. If you are not getting paid, check into that!
  4. Depends upon whether this is a new play or an infill from the first horizontal well. Generally, the wells go in a north south direction in that area. The well to the west went to the south 34-14N-15W into 3-13N-15W. It will probably not affect your section.

(Are we talking about 35-14N-15W? I see that Rymer 1 and Oscar Mosburg 1 are both plugged, but you say you have production, so checking on the location.I do not see anything from Toklan posted yet. ) Do you actually mean 14N-16W? That would make more sense as the Toklan hearing is for 1-14N-16W and 36-15N-16W.

If you have minerals in 1-14N-16W, then Toklan is interested at this point. Personally, I do not sell if there is a pending horizontal well. Offers are usually below what the minerals might be worth. They intend to make a profit on their purchases.

Clarify the location of your question as something is not quite right in the items as laid out.

1 Like

$2,500.00 per acre seems low for that area.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.