Section 34, Block 58

Hello,

I am fairly new to this forum, and to owning mineral rights. I had a 3 year lease with an oil company that expired in October. It has yet to be renewed. Does anyone know if there is any activity or interest in this area?

Thank you in advance,

Stephanie

Received your email with info - already working on it

if you need to contact me, you have my email address

Thanks

Michael

Stephanie,

I see where to the East of your Section 38 about 2 miles San Gabriel Resources received a permit to drill a Horizontal well(34141) in Feb. 2014 but I am not sure it was ever drilled. To the southwest in Section 40 is a Horizontal gas well(32449) drilled by Petro-Hunt in Oct. 2007 and is now operated by COG Operating. To the southeast is a producing gas well(33058)....Link to Production Data on 33058:

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=09|3=2015|4=08|5=2016|103=273043|6=G|102=08|8=specificLease|204=district|9=dispDetails|10=0

GIS Map of Reeves County A-4387/Section 34/Block 58 and surrounding area:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

Thank you very much for the information. So do I need to wait for a company to approach me, or is there a way I can be proactive in seeing if there is any interest in getting this area leased? I have received letters in the past, but it was when the area was still under a contract, so I tossed the letters. In retrospect, it might have been wise to hang on to them.

I'm sure when the companies get ready to lease and drill they will be in touch. Be patient. There is definitely production in the area.

Clint Liles

Yes sir. Thank you.

Clint Liles is right. Be patient and don't lease for the sake of leasing. With the activity in Reeves, the next lease you grant may be your last. Get some good advice and make it count. Knowledgeable lessors are getting 2-5 times the last lease bonus if they are patient and determine the demand for their minerals before leasing

Gary L Hutchinson

Minerals Managment